The Virginia Institute of Autism’s psychological services are expanding and looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join the team! This is an excellent opportunity for a clinician with demonstrable training and experience with Autism Spectrum Disorder, other neurodevelopmental disorders, and comorbid mood disorders and behavioral challenges. A cognitive behavioral orientation that includes strong experience with evidence-based interventions is required; comfort with assisting in services for both young children and adolescents and their caregivers is preferred.
Suitable candidates will be organized, flexible, self-disciplined, and work well within a team approach. Substantial benefits include 100% employer paid employee only health insurance, retirement plan with up to 4% match, continuing education, and more.
The Child & Adolescent Therapist is responsible for providing outpatient therapy to children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder, other neurodevelopmental disabilities, and related mood disorders and externalizing disorders.
Responsibilities and Experience
- Deliver treatment to children and adolescents with various neurodevelopmental disorders, mood disorders, and externalizing disorders.
- Provide empirically-supported treatments such as cognitive behavior therapy, parent-child interaction therapy, and other evidence-based interventions
- Participate in administrative, clinical, and training meetings as necessary
- Demonstrate experience with professional writing as well as with public speaking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain e?ective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
- Motivated self-starter with great attitude, ?exibility, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to work under pressure to prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks and meet deadlines within a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong teamwork ethic; positive, ?exible attitude; ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities
- Champions special projects as needed
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, LPC, or LCSW (or license eligible) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet productivity goals and deadlines