Pay Range: $20.25 - $30.50/hr
Status: Year-round Hourly (Non-exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating a day worth repeating for our guests ensuring “Legendary” service and food quality throughout our Food and Beverage outlets.
The 6th Alley Bar & Grill is A-Basin’s primary table-service restaurant offering Breakfast, lunch, Après Ski and Dinner service with a full bar menu and eclectic food options.
As the Supervisor of the 6th Alley Bar & Grill you will lead by example while overseeing the day to day operations of this F&B outlet and assisting the 6th Alley Manager with anything pertaining to the front of house operations.
This can include the training, scheduling and coaching of employees as well as dealing with employee or guest issues.
A-Basin employees look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic. We are known not only for our A-mazing skiing/ riding but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
Apply now and come join our Food and Beverage team!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Free shift meal each day worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- Year-round bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Oversee and delegate the daily tasks of about 15 restaurant employees including bar tenders, servers, hosts, bussers, cooks and dishwashers.
- Take on manager duties in the absence of the 6th Alley Manager.
- Train staff to cash handling and service standards set forth by F&B management team.
- Holds staff accountable for operational standards including attendance, grooming, task list and overall service level.
- Interacts positively with all customers to ensure they are receiving the best product and overall experience.
- Oversee and delegate the daily tasks of employees in a high-volume F&B environment to ensure all standards of service and cleanliness are met.
- Adhere to and enforce all state and local health codes in regard to food handling and food service.
- Assist manager with inventory of all front of house items such as incidentals, condiments, and beverages including liquor and beer.
- Works closely with F&B management team to ensure a cohesive message to staff.
- Executes special events in the 6th Alley including set up, tear down, service and collection of payment.
- Adhere to and be a leader in A-Basin Sustainability efforts for waste, compost and recycling.
- Actively look to solve problems creatively and effectively with regard to guest and employee issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years management or supervisor experience.
- 2 years cash handling experience.
- 2 years restaurant front of house specific experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to keep focus in a crowded setting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to be a productive team player.
- Use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Able to walk up and down stairs throughout shift.
- Withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- Must provide own, approved, non-slip footwear.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- You will work in a table service restaurant environment with most time spent working indoors in a high-altitude environment. Some outside work in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. A very frequent amount of high-volume guest interaction is involved in this role. Some work time will be spent in an office setting, sitting down, using a computer.