We are looking for a passionate Periodontal Surgical Assistant for our growing specialty team located in New Braunfels, Texas. This is a full-time position that will travel to our three locations in the general San Antonio area. The ideal Periodontal Dental Assistant will have 2 or more years of experience, knowledge of periodontal surgical procedures, and strong OSHA compliance and sterilization experience.
The Periodontal Surgical Assistant will support our Periodontist chair side with periodontal therapies, and surgical procedures, and travel to multiple locations in the greater San Antonio area.
- Passionate about providing a high level of patient care and education, with excellent chair-side manner, while demonstrating teamwork
- Assist the Periodontist with dental procedures to maintain excellent patient service, integrity, flow
- Review patient charts prior to doctor arrival, document appropriate patient information and health history during the exam and treatment
- Ensures all consent forms are completed prior to the procedure
- Four-Handed Dentistry- experience with assisting with periodontal/oral surgery procedures.
- Ability to take, develop, and “mount” accurate, high-quality radiographs/intra-oral photos/CT scans.
- Clean, sterilize and prepare the equipment and operatory, prior to and after a patient’s appointment.
- Inventory and order dental supplies.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance, follow safety policies and procedures through OSHA compliance and BBP (Blood-borne Pathogens) Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a rapidly changing environment
- Assist in educating the patients and address their questions and/or concerns to help them feel more comfortable
- Assist the business administration team in scheduling patients and making post-operative calls.
- Computer proficiency with Denticon or the ability to learn a new PMS system
We offer our team members a pleasant working environment, daily bonus opportunities, a robust benefits package, professional growth and development and work hard to support each other and our patients. If you are looking for a position where YOU are considered the most valuable resource to achieving our vision to be the patient experience industry leader we want to hear from you ~
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Current radiography certification is required.
- Minimum one-year experience assisting in periodontics/oral surgery.
- Dental Assistant certification, as required by the state, or ability to become certified.
- Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR- BLS) preferred
- Current certification to monitor Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Analgesia preferred as required by the state, or ability to become certified