Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Machine Assembler performs the tasks associated with both mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies in the final assembly of equipment for Conair brand products. The assembly role maintains, tests, and repairs assemblies following completion of assembled units. This role requires some machinery trade knowledge for the production of precision parts and assemblies. This position reports to the Production Manager and is located in Pinconning, Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble equipment to engineering drawings, schematics, and IPEG standards, based on work orders or production schedules, according to specifications;
- Perform quality checks on products and parts;
- Package finished products and prepare them for shipment;
- Review work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications;
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications;
- Fasten or install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or sub-assemblies, using hand tools, rivet guns, or welding equipment;
- Remove rough spots and smooth surfaces to fit, trim, or clean parts, using hand tools or power tools;
- Interface with engineering to update drawings and parts lists to match equipment variances;
- Follow dispatch list and work hand-in-hand with purchasing and master scheduling to assure on hand inventory of parts and purchased components;
- Use equipment bill of material and Baan computer system to collect parts to confirm quantities for completion of assemblies and sub-assemblies for customer equipment orders.
- High School Diploma or GED and/or ten (10)+ years of direct work experience without formal education;
- Position typically expects one (1) to three (3) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position;
- Moderate knowledge of manufacturing;
- Basic math skills;
- Demonstrate flexibility when confronted with change;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the organization;
- Must maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Ability to work with management in analyzing product line assembly efficiency;
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with PCs.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.