GoldenWolf, LLC is a trusted advisor and facilities management support and construction management services provider for military facilities professionals. Our team members are highly skilled and experienced in facilities and construction management and bring deep expertise and cultural understanding to our clients’ unique challenges working not only in military facilities but also within the Department of Defense political and fiscal environment.
As a Woman-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business with 8(A) certification, GoldenWolf is uniquely positioned to serve our military clients. Our history demonstrates a broad and deep range of engineering, technical, and strategic services. GoldenWolf’s goal is to develop innovative and executable solutions in all facets of facilities management.
The US Naval Hospital Okinawa (USNHO), located in Okinawa, Japan, has a 436,000 square foot hospital and branch clinics throughout the island of Okinawa, Japan. The position serves as the registered Professional Electrical Engineer responsible for providing Engineering support for the expeditious accomplishment of repair and minor construction task orders within the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and/or U.S. Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) environment in the Okinawa service area.
- Serve as the electrical engineer consultant for electrical systems for health care facilities.
- Provide design reviews and coordination support on health care facility codes.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all facility requirements at the project designing stage and through the beneficial occupancy stage.
- Responsible for performing technical reviews of designs developed by Architectural-Engineering (A-E) firms and government personnel, and resolving design related problems during construction. Where deficiencies are noted, provide necessary guidance for corrective actions.
- Serve as consultant for the special project programming. Develop special project documentation DD1391 and instructions for Facilities Management Department (FMD) use in planning and implementing programs.
- Develop and verify programs’ cost estimates.
- Consult with construction personnel to resolve difficult and complex problems developing during construction.
- Prepare and review recommendations for corrective action relating to Energy Management Control Systems (EMCS).
- Proactively plan for startup activities and final turnover to users of electrical systems. Work closely with electricians to solve electrical problems of any kind. Identify and troubleshoot problems/deficiencies with existing and newly installed electrical systems.
- Prepare and review engineering studies and life cycle cost comparisons for command-wide energy conservation studies.
- Prepare and review technical correspondence, technical reports and fact sheets.
- Assist in the preparation of modifications to existing construction and service contracts including preliminary, final drawings and details which properly facilitate required changes into the completed project.
- Maintain a general awareness of asbestos abatement, radon mitigation, and lead paint and mold remediation programs as mandated by federal, state, local, and Japanese laws ensuring asbestos, radon, lead and mold within facilities are appropriately identified, managed, mitigated, and disposed of in accordance with federal, state, local, and Japanese regulations.
- Perform all assigned engineering tasks, communicate with construction managers, and consult with engineering division, maintenance personnel, suppliers and relevant specialists on the outcomes of said special projects.
- Review designs (plans and specs), shop drawings, answering Request for Information (RFIs).
- Provide input on cost estimates (DD1391) for designs developed by government contracts and/or inhouse government personnel.
- Coordinate with other government engineers on site as a consultant to provide / share findings and recommendations and/or clarification for questions the government engineers may have.
- Update and manage schedules for U.S. Naval Hospital Okinawa (USNHO) projects.
- Perform random spot checks on service and construction activities within the electrical engineering discipline.
- Perform other incidental duties as essential general engineering support to USNHO.
- Travel as necessary to Camps Foster, Futenma, Kinser, Courtney, Hansen, Schwab, Kadena, and Shields with a maximum not to exceed 20 trips.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) Clearance or the ability to obtain said clearance is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (minimum)
- Professional Engineer with U.S. professional engineering (P.E.) registration in Electrical Systems
- Able to meet the Joint Commission Accreditation tandards for professional engineers
- Minimum of two years in design or technical experience on healthcare facilities
- Demonstrated ability to create, modify, and review designs by CAD software
- Knowledge of UFC, and NFPA codes and standards
- General knowledge of Japanese standards, Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, DoD and Navy instructions, Joint Commission (JC) hospital accreditation regulations and policies, policies and guidelines pertaining to facilities construction, maintenance and repair, energy, within electrical engineering discipline
- Experience working with the DHA and/or BUMED a plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must maintain a safety minded culture.
- Ability to respond promptly in support of several projects.
- Ability to develop and present written and oral technical and non-technical information.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications: Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in CAD software.
- Analytical thinking/critical thinking skills are imperative.
- Ability to understand and work with new and existing technologies and software platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working within a team structure as well as autonomous/individual work environments to achieve contract goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in producing mechanical models, plans, and details.
- Organized and able to handle multiple responsibilities and projects to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and perform standard computer modeling functions and identify and help work to resolve design conflicts.
- Strong Computer skills and aptitude for learning.
- Detail oriented, able to recognize errors quickly.
- Working knowledge of general construction, mechanical parts and their intended use.
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As Federal Contractors, GoldenWolf is committed to complying with all COVID-19 safety protocols detailed in President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the related requirements issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force.All GoldenWolf employees are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 unless a medical or religious exemption has been granted. New employees are required to be fully vaccinated or seek and receive an approved exemption to the vaccination requirement by January 18, 2022. All exemption requests are subject to a review board. In the event an exemption has been granted, the employee must comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols mandated by our customers and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, including but not limited to frequent testing and attestation in compliance with the EO. Contract and site-specific vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over GoldenWolf's vaccination policy.
Job Type: Full-Time (40 plus hours a week).
Work hours Coordinated through USNHO Facilities Management Department Monday thru Friday, except holidays.
Reporting location is USNHO, Okinawa
- 11 Federal Observed Holidays
- 401K Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity or national origin.