Ideal candidate possesses proficient Excel skills and a desire to develop within the real estate industry. This individual will be working on multiple projects in our multifamily/mixed-use development pipeline; from initial pursuit to the disposition of the assets for Trademark, with oversight by our development team. The person chosen will enjoy a significant amount of autonomy and be expected to live up to high personal and professional standards. The candidate should understand the financial aspects of the development process and learn the Trademark methodology.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Strategic Development & Finance:
- Efficiently and effectively underwrite multifamily and mixed-use development deals.
- Analyze between different options of development and makes recommendations to the development team.
- Knowledgeable on data and trends.
- Prepare and modify real estate project budgets, quarterly budget reforecasts, cash flow analysis, and pro-formas.
- Writes/presenting reports to internal committees, investors, lenders, and partners.
- Coordinate preliminary design based on desired projects.
- Conduct design review meetings with all design consultants.
- Establish and manage the multifamily schedule.
- Conduct due diligence in the form of data gathering and interpreting market information.
- Analyze and recommend value engineering opportunities.
- Finalize site and building design and pricing/sub-bids.
- Refine development budgets, schedules, and market assumptions for the financial modeling.
- Site planning for yield analysis.
- Assist in obtaining tax abatements and other available incentives.
- Assist in debt and equity financing
- Update monthly executive asset review materials (NOI vs budget, sales, traffic, collections, etc.)
- Underwrite development opportunities.
- Track and complete post-closing issues as require.
- Build and maintain project proformas with a minimum of monthly updates to project assumptions, strategies, and both actual and re-forecast spend.
- Analyze pricing/ bids into the schedule of values as the basis for contract amount.
- Attend weekly job meetings and monitor job progress.
- Analyze and process monthly draw, reforecast, and contractor pay applications.
- Attend post-construction lesson learned discussion.
- Produce monthly variance and cost reports, approve updates and then ensure they are loaded into the system.
At Trademark, we recognize that our strength is directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We approach our business as learners and not knowers, and we equip our employees with the tools and training needed to succeed professionally. Trademark provides a highly collaborative work environment that encourages interaction and learning across teams and senior leadership.
Trademark Property Co is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
What Trademark Offers You:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company Paid LTD, STD, and Life Insurance
- 15 days Paid Time Off - no waiting period. Increases over time
- Hybrid and remote work availability
- Additional paid day off for your birthday each year
- 10 additional paid corporate holidays
- 401k employer match after 30 days of employment
- Employee assistance program to support every aspect of your wellbeing
- Annual bonus structure
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Monthly team meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance or Business, MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- New project entitlement leadership, including direct coordination with municipal and community stakeholders.
- Travel to development projects is required.
- Versatility; a willingness to do what is required for the success of the project.
- Characterized as self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, and disciplined.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.