LOCATION: Bridgeport, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
MST-PSB therapy is a clinical adaptation of Multi-systemic Therapy that has been specifically designed and developed to treat youth (and their families) for problematic sexual behavior. Building upon the research and dissemination foundation for standard MST, the MST-PSB model represents a state-of-the-art, evidence-based practice uniquely developed to address the multiple determinants underlying problematic juvenile sexual behavior. A master’s level clinician provides services within the home that support the client and family in reducing problem sexual behaviors.
The Clinician provides in home intensive community based clinical services to families of youth with problem sexual behavioral difficulties utilizing MST-PSB, an evidenced based treatment model. Duties include assessment, treatment, advocacy, and collaboration with community partners. Therapist must be willing work flexible hours, participate in 24-hour on-call rotation, and provide interventions in the home and community. MST-PSB places significant emphasis on clinician development and ongoing training, and supervision in utilizing the MST model is provided.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides in home intensive treatment services to families including: crisis intervention, parent guidance and education, brief psychotherapy, concrete services, advocacy and linkage to other services and supportive interventions individualized to meet the broad needs of children and adults to be served.
• Assumes responsibility for coordinating the provision of services by other community professions
• Evening appointments often at least 2 -3 times per week. Demonstrates understanding of and adherence to the MST-PSB model, and shows fidelity to all contract, certification, and licensing requirements.
• Gathers and completes all QI and DCF required measures, e.g., TAM-R, Ohio, GAIN-Q3
• Provides services consistent with Boys & Girls Village standards (carries a caseload of 4 - 6 families, 3 times a week minimum).
• Maximize program utilization, and ensure appropriate billing of services
• Completes urine drug screens as needed
• Documents all services in adherence with state statures, regulatory, billing, COA standards and Boys & Girls Village Standards.
• Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation both telephonic and in-person coverage as clinically indicated.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in all required trainings, supervision, network meetings, DCF reviews, etc.
• Prevent, intervene and report instances of child abuse or neglect.
• Keeps program supervisor apprised of any and all situations which involve the safety of any individuals in the program or community, to monitor the impact on the agency as well as its mission of care for children and families.
• Perform additional duties as assigned in order to deliver seamless services throughout the agency.
• Requires a Master’s Degree in social work or similar degree.
• Must be licensed or license-eligible
• Be willing to provide services in the home
• Demonstrated history of cultural competence
• Experience working with adolescents and their families
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience using Strategic/Structural Family, Cognitive-Behavioral, Behavioral Therapies
• Bi-lingual in English-Spanish
• Must be able to climb several flights of stairs
• Must be able to work with clients in a variety of settings
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
• Some weekends may be required
• Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and access to reliable transportation
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.