Early Childhood Ministries Assistant Director
Position Summary: The Early Childhood Ministries Assistance Director provides leadership to families with kids birth - first grade, with a focus at the Apple Valley Campus. This role has responsibilities that include curriculum development and oversight of Coordinators and Volunteer Teams that work together to provide weekend services and events for kids.
Principal Working Relationships: This position reports to the Early Childhood Director; works directly with the Directors and Assistant Directors associated with the Kids Team; and directly supervises the Early Childhood Ministry Coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Oversee the development (recruitment, training, and appreciation) of the coordinator and volunteer teams needed to effectively minister to HDC’s, birth – first grade kids at the Apple Valley Campus, utilizing the ministry gifts God has given to the HDC family. This includes weekend services and special events.
- Supervise the planning, organization, leading, and recruiting for programs and special events for Kids Ministry, birth – 1st grade at the Apple Valley Campus.
- Lead weekend services for ECM, including the plans room set up, leading volunteer briefings, supervising service flow, and the teardown plans for the ECM spaces.
- Lead the Coordinator Team needed to execute weekend services.
- Assist in HDC Children’s Ministries collaboration and responsibilities. Including planning and participation in workload for special events, family discipleship opportunities, Summer Day Camp, etc.
- Lead the way in creating an inviting culture, where kids and families are excited to come to church and also excited to bring their oikos.
- Collaborate with the Kids Team to maintain our oikocentric mission in Kids Ministry.
- Participate in general ministerial duties as directed by supervisor.
- 1+ years of experience with early childhood or kid’s ministry/education
- 1+ years of experience as a People Manager with a people development skill set
- Actively involved in the local church
- Passion for and knowledge of Scripture and the ability to teach it to others
- Experience in Volunteer Team building, encouragement and management
- Must be a proactive self-starter, creative problem solver and team player
- Ability to work collaboratively with other areas of ministry i.e. Production Team, Facilities, Student Ministry, Small Groups, etc.
- Proven ability to initiate, organize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative team environment, exemplifies a positive “can do” attitude and fosters an attitude of excellence.
- Must adhere to HDC’s Statement of Faith, Constitution, Policies and Philosophies of Ministry.
Physical Demands: The AV Early Childhood Ministries AD is required to: stand, sit and walk. The AV Early Childhood Ministries AD is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.