Position Summary: The Preteen Coordinator provides leadership to volunteers and kids in the Preteen program. This role has responsibilities that include supply and activity set up, volunteer training and encouragement, and oversight of weekend services for Preteen aged kids.
Principal Working Relationships: This position reports to the Preteen Assistant Director; works directly with the Preteen Coordinators associated with the Kids Team; and directly supervises the Preteen Volunteer team.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Arrive at designated time before service to set up and prepare activities for Preteen Program.
- Be prepared to lead the volunteer briefing before service, equipping and encouraging leaders for the service. Make sure volunteers understand the Bible lesson and curriculum.
- Maintain the flow of service by transitioning volunteers and kids to what comes next throughout the morning program.
- Build a sense of team with the volunteers with whom you serve.
- Provide support to volunteers who have kids with challenging behaviors in their group. Make notes and connect with Preteen Director about a plan to best support these kids.
- Help lead an evacuation or lockdown in the event of an emergency.
- Oversee the check-out process to make sure kids are safely released to parents.
- Clean up the Preteen environment at the end of the service.
- Attend monthly Coordinator meetings for HDC Kids Team.
- Support Preteen Assistant Director at Preteen quarterly events, when available.
- 1+ years of experience with serving in Children’s Ministry or other role working directly with kids.
- Actively involved in the local church
- Passion for and knowledge of Scripture and the ability to teach it to others
- Must be a proactive self-starter, creative problem solver and team player
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative team environment, exemplifies a positive “can do” attitude and fosters an attitude of excellence.
- Must adhere to HDC’s Statement of Faith, Constitution, Policies and Philosophies of Ministry.
Physical Demands: The Preteen Coordinator is required to: stand, sit and walk. The Preteen Coordinator is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds unassisted.