Trellance is a leading provider of business analytics and technology consulting for credit unions, helping them meet the financial needs of today’s digital consumer. With a comprehensive suite of business analytics solutions, the Trellance team ensures credit unions increase efficiency, manage risk, and improve member experience. As credit unions’ tech partner, Trellance brings them to the next frontiers of fintech, filled with powerful tools such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Responsible for defining the why, when, and what of the product that the engineering team builds. This position works closely with development to understand and communicate business needs at a technical level and leads cross-functional teams from a product's conception all the way through to its launch. Analyze market and competitive conditions, laying out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands.
- Understand and analyze data architecture, data pipelines, algorithms and BI layer of products.
- Use database queries and other tools to analyze various aspects of the products.
- Assist clients with queries and other advice for the full use of the data analytics products.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Troubleshoot bugs and other observations on the product from internal employees and external clients.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Research and define customer needs and translate those needs into user stories and functional requirements in an agile development environment.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry. Assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to fully use the products.
- Work with internal teams, including developers, engineers, data architects, QA, and ops to ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation of the features match expectations of clients.
- Collaborate with delivery teams including development, user experience, business analysts, and scrum masters to ensure that products meet the desired market need.
- Build rapport and relationships with clients and collects feedback to improve Trellance’s products and market position.
- Monitor competitive offerings in the market and drive differentiated value proposition for Trellance products.
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers and provide leadership across the division, product, and/or partner ecosystem.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field or High School Diploma (or equivalent) plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge:
Prior experience in credit union or financial services industries is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in data analytics tools: SQL, R, Python, etc.
- Proficient in BI tools: PowerBI, Tableau, Domo, etc.
- Experience with Predictive Analytics (Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence) Software and tools: Dataiku, Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience with enterprise software or products designed for credit unions.
- Track of record as a product manager, designing, building and launching products that customers love and have a real business impact.
- Problem framing – you can cut through the noise and laser focus on what really matters.
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to dive into details, unfazed by technology complexity.
- Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and understand technology. Detail-oriented, unfazed by technical detail, committed to flawless execution.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and simplify complexities to ensure understanding.