Summary: The Business Systems Analyst position will provide technical support for our staff with our core system software and act as a liaison to computer support services. This position will be regarded as a technical expert in maintaining, troubleshooting, and assisting in the implementation of system updates for the software (CSI) that supports our products and experiences to our customers and employees.
Expected Outcomes: The Business Systems Analyst will provide support for core system users and ensure ongoing functionality of the core system. The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for designing and developing reports based on information needed by the user.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become well versed in all aspects of CSI. Thoroughly learn and understand Core System.
- Provide support for our users with the core systems and other products that we utilize. Become proficient with report writing tools, administrative duties for CSI (Core) Security as well as other functions related to Core, include but not limited to account research.
- Perform all customer service functions in compliance with bank policies and procedures, security, compliance and audit guidelines.
- Troubleshoot operational problems and correct or advise upper management depending on issue.
- Run bank reports as needed and conduct research on customer accounts as requested.
- Facilitate and assist in any other areas of the bank that may be deemed necessary by management to assure operational soundness and project a positive perception of the bank by its present or perspective customer base.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution; relevant post-secondary degree preferred.
- Experience working with Core banking systems preferred.
- Requires excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel required.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.