U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
Ticketing and events are a major source of revenue for the Federation. The Director of Ticketing is responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of all tickets related to senior national team U.S. Soccer events in the U.S. or in other countries. This position will oversee ticket operations, develop ticket pricing strategies, maintain an extensive list of reports, and serve as the operations liaison in U.S. Soccer’s relationship with Ticketmaster and other ticketing partners. In this role, we would encourage innovative ways to generate incremental revenue, serve the fan, and be forward-thinking in the ticketing landscape.
Oversee ticketing operations for hosted USSF events from start to finish, including:
- See that events are accurately built in a timely manner.
- Constantly communicate with stadium box offices to ensure precise manifests are being used while continuously updating or creating new charts to account for seating trends/stadium updates.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders/partners along with in-house departments to determine presale timelines and sales process for U.S. Soccer Insiders, season ticket holder lists, U.S. Soccer partners, general public, and others while working with internal and external groups to distribute presale codes, order pages, upgrade links, holds, etc.
- In collaboration with Ticketing Coordinator, arrange for proper ticket inventory management for fans and U.S. Soccer partners to purchase while also establishing holds/processing complimentary tickets for U.S. Soccer sponsors and partners, organized supporter groups, VIP tickets, suite tickets, etc.
- While in market for an event, serve as U.S. Soccer’s point of contact for ticketing issues, resolutions, selling, and closeout while working with local box office staff to ensure sellers and customer service staff can perform at the highest level on match day.
- Generate and maintain pricing models and other reports as needed to submit pricing recommendations to senior leadership.
- Determine price points for senior Men’s and Women’s National Team matches on market conditions, demand, historical precedent.
- Create pricing strategies and price levels for individual stadiums for specific games.
- Continuously evaluate stadium layouts and fan seating demand to maximize revenue.
- Develop and maintain sales data and other applicable analysis for internal reporting.
- Constantly monitor current and live prices to potentially adjust through Pricemaster or manual price changes.
- Oversee, monitor, and decipher all ticketing related reports including ticket scan details, complimentary tickets, yearly tickets sales, and other reports as needed.
- Evaluate all reports to assist with decision making and review of financial impact for various departments including event operations and corporate partnerships.
- Send weekly sales report to senior leadership.
- Send final sales email to senior leadership after event completion.
- Act as U.S. Soccer’s main point of contact in its relationship with Ticketmaster.
- Submit invoices and process received payments from royalties, products, services, etc.
- Implement and utilize Ticketmaster products to enhance ticket operations and generate incremental revenue where applicable.
- Work with Ticketing Coordinator to build and maintain U.S. Soccer’s Account Manager.
- Supervise and manage Ticketing Coordinator with his/her roles and responsibilities.
- Assist ticketing department where needed including answering fan related questions in Salesforce, processing group orders, supporting fan upgrades, etc. while also assisting events department with misc. projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience with ticketing operations and/or ticket sales using Ticketmaster software
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with various internal department and external entities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Commitment to and proven success in delivering a high level of customer and fan experience
- Able to travel and work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends & holidays (as necessary)
- Able and willing to travel up to 50 percent of the year
- Able and willing to lift up to 50 pounds
- Prior experience in data analysis
- Desire to continually learn new ticketing techniques and follow trends
- Display a tireless work ethic
- Possess a growth mindset, is open minded and seeks challenges
- Desire to be part of a team
- Communicate in a direct, open, and honest manner
- Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- Knowledge of soccer and U.S. Soccer Federation preferred
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open, and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills