We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Analyst with a passion for indirect sourcing, vendor contracting, and vendor management. This role will work closely with General Counsel and the legal team, as well as senior management to ensure we are meeting our strategic goals related to risk management, cost management, relationship development, and continuous improvement. You will help us maintain positive and proactive interaction with our business stakeholders and suppliers, develop unique insights that inform fact-based decision-making, effectively lead multiple workstreams, and balance opportunity with risk to enhance value and achieve business goals.
In one year as a Strategic Sourcing Analyst, you will know you were successful if you…
- Lead and present to members of senior management on matters relating to vendor and contract risk assessments and general due diligence requirements and findings.
- Review vendor due diligence materials, including SOC reports, business continuity plans, and data security policies.
- Lead the annual risk assessment process for critical vendors, including the collection of all due diligence and user entity control documentation.
- Conduct business reviews for critical vendors on a regular basis, enabling respective relationship managers to better manage vendor performance.
- Collaborate with internal business partners throughout the vendor selection, negotiation, and onboarding process to understand expectations and identify risks.
- Work toward the standardization of vendor management processes that achieve compliance standards and enable practical, efficient business function.
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job-related experience required 2-5 years of total project management or vendor relationship management experience
- Experience in a similar role within banking or a financial institution is preferred.
- Familiarity with conducting vendor due diligence, including review of SOC reports.
- Ability to review sophisticated data and documentation, draw appropriate conclusions, and write reports detailing those conclusions.
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana. Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s Best Places to Work Program. This is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.