Location: US Remote
Are you interested in joining a company that is on a mission to change the way organizations view and manage their cybersecurity risk? Are you a passionate technical expert looking to make your mark with one of the most innovative tech organizations in the security industry?
RiskLens is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to become a vital member of the Software Engineering team. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, testing, building, and deploying solutions touching on a wide variety of technologies that meet our customers' needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are proficient in C#, .NET Core we’d love to speak with you.
RiskLens is a software startup backed by premier Venture Capital investors that are empowering organizations to make risk-informed cybersecurity decisions by analyzing outcomes in financial terms. The market is rapidly developing, and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world’s largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail, and healthcare.
RiskLens offers a comprehensive healthcare package, unlimited paid time off, parental leave, true team culture, and career growth through personal and professional development opportunities. We are growing fast and so will you.
In this exciting role, you will report to the Engineering Manager and contribute to the success of RiskLens.
Within the first 30 days
- Gain an understanding of RiskLens training offerings, products, and professional services
- Gain understanding and knowledge of current RiskLens SSDLC processes and procedures
- Familiarize yourself with the RiskLens SaaS platform
- Understand and take deep dive into RiskLens's existing architecture
- Run through a regression test plan to gain an understanding of the workflows
Within 60 days
- Build a strong collaborative working relationship within Software engineering, product, cloud platform engineering, and application security teams to resolve issues and deliver work products with high quality
- Familiarize yourself with the FAIRTM (Factor Analysis of Information Risk) model and FAIR Controls Analytics Model™ (FAIR-CAM™)
- Review technical documentation of RiskLens SaaS platform
- Have a full understanding of RiskLens’s existing architecture, building, and deployment procedures
- Resolve a handful of defects to gain an understanding of the codebase
In 6 months
- Deliver world-class security products of the highest quality utilizing agile engineering and DevOps practices
- Define, design, estimate, plan, & execute user stories
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Works closely with principals to define the patterns, frameworks, standards, and techniques relating to architecture, software composition, component and product interfaces
- Understands where the codebase deviates from established coding standards and can determine based on product priorities the most appropriate time to fix the codebase
- Actively communicates daily progress on a cross-functional team. Recognizes impediments within the team and where appropriate, assists team members in resolving impediments
- Systematically troubleshoot production issues and deliver timely resolutions
- Continuously improve self, team, and the larger organization, as well as the technology and the processes for delivering and supporting customer-facing products
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience using .NET framework, .NET core and C#
- Strong in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems including RESTful Web API’s and MVC
- Expert understanding of building REST APIs
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, including SOLID, DRY principles
- Working knowledge of Powershell
- Exposure to building applications using microservices architecture
- Experience building and deploying cloud/container-based .NET applications
- Exposure to container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Familiarity with async messaging tooling such as Azure Service Bus, RabbitMq, etc.
- Understanding of various virtualization and cloud technologies such as Azure
- Exposure to TDD software development style
- Exceptional coding and debugging skills
- Familiarity with database technology such as MS SQL
- Working knowledge of agile engineering practices such as CI/CD, automated UI unit testing, automated acceptance testing, pair programming, feature teams, refactoring, collective code ownership, building in vertical slices, code reviews, etc
- Ability to independently work with the Product team to help solidify requirements, translate those into functional software designs, and break the work down into manageable work items
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Flexibility and adaptability to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively in a remote work setting
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Right attitude: show us your passion and what you can do!
Once we receive your completed application, we will review it. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly regarding interviews. Please, no phone calls or direct emails.
Candidates will be subject to criminal background checks and drug screening. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
RiskLens, Inc. is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.