BorderX Lab is creator of the Beyond Fashion and Beauty Discovery Marketplace launched in 2014. We connect Chinese shoppers to official websites of brands and merchants like Saks, Bloomingdales, Everlane, Finish Line and Alexander Wang. Through our direct partnerships with major US and European fashion + beauty brands we guarantee our users receive authentic products at authentic prices. For brands we provide a turn-key solution to China localization and logistics. BorderX Lab has offices in Silicon Valley and Shanghai.
The Senior Business Development Manager will work as part of the BorderX Lab BD team to accelerate the company’s growth in existing markets and to develop new market opportunities. This person will have primary responsibility for driving revenue-generating activities by expanding BorderX Lab’s list partnerships. The opportunity is for an experienced business development professional to structure relationships that generate significant direct and indirect revenue while building BorderX Lab’s brand.
- Initiate, Structure, and negotiate different types of merchant partnership agreements
- Drive go-to-market activities with merchant partners.
- Identify and develop new market segments, applications and use-cases that leverage BorderX Lab and drive its usage.
- Drive joint marketing and sales opportunities with BorderX Lab and partner sales teams.
- Create, implement and own a sales pipeline to manage customer lead intake, outbound activity, prioritization and metrics for measurement of deal status.
- Achieved sales goals each quarter.
- Continuously develop an extensive set of relationships at C-level, VP and Director-levels across companies and across industry categories.
- Prepare deal overviews and contract summaries for key stakeholders
- Travel when necessary to meet potential merchant Partners- must be willing to be on the road often
- Someone who can both define strategy and drive execution of new business initiatives i.e. someone who can ‘figure it out’ and ‘get it done’
- A verifiable track record of managing complex, revenue generating relationships.
- Proven track record of closing new accounts and managing a portfolio of large and small deals
- Reference-able relationships with relevant fashion, beauty, and lifestyle companies and retailers.
- Experience defining, implementing and managing go-to-market activities.
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Worked in business development at a small company a plus
- +5 years of experience working in business development and/or strategic sales roles within the fashion, beauty, lifestyle markets
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
- B.S./B.A. required, MBA is a plus
- Hands-on approach to tackling tactical, as well as strategic work, Hunter mindset
- Strong knowledge and interest of fashion, beauty, e-commerce and Cross Border industries.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
What We Offer
- Be a part of diverse and awesome team.
- Grow your expertise and career in a sustainable hyper-growth startup.
- Benefits: Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage; FSA Health, Dependent and Commuter Plans; 401K Plan
- Flexible working schedule.
- Learn how to execute in an international startup (Silicon Valley and Shanghai offices).
- Walking distance to Sunnyvale Caltrain Station and to downtown restaurants.
Connect American and European lifestyles with Chinese consumers through our mobile marketplace app: Beyond (5th Avenue in your Pocket, http://www.bybieyang.com) through data-driven marketing technology. BorderX Lab is co-founded by 3 Google alumni with serious entrepreneurship experience and headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are currently in a very high-growth mode and laser-focused on customer optimization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.