Local Roots is dedicated to making Pittsburgh more beautiful from the outside in. We pride ourselves in providing only the best quality work and expect the Hardscape Technician to take the same pride and ownership in the jobs they oversee. This position requires interaction with others from different backgrounds, experience levels, and work ethics. It is expected that the Hardscape Technician leads their team in demonstrating kindness, respect, and professionalism, especially with those who do not reciprocate. As a professional at Local Roots, responsibility and trustworthiness are central to maintain a healthy working climate. As a supervisor, time management and problem solving are essential. The Technician should maintain a positive and respectful relationship with the customer, with their crew, and with the management team.
The Technician will be responsible for assisting the team in all of your assigned projects. You will report directly to your Team Leader for all concerns, questions, issues, and customer requests. You will need to have a working knowledge of the standard operating procedures of all aspects of landscaping and water features and the ability to learn all concepts that deal with outdoor construction/hardscaping.
The physical demands of this job require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, and frequently operating machinery. This job requires working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements. This may include heavy to moderate noise and exposure to tools and machines used in outdoor construction/landscaping.
- Employee Health Care provided by UPMC (75% paid for by Local Roots)
- 401k retirement plan with a company match
- 5 days PTO per year to start
- 6 paid holidays
- Demonstrate good character and have a longing to succeed in life
- Being open to growth and challenging yourself
- Wanting to see others succeed in life
- Respectful to yourself and to others
- Good Family Values and Respect
- Able to work approximately 40-50 hours per week
- Time management and problem solving skills
- Reliability and timeliness
- Working as a part of a team/Good team player
- Problem Solving and Teamwork
- Current and valid PA Driver’s license
- Competence in driving a commercial truck
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more