The Printer, Inc. (TPI) is a full service printer specializing in complex variable data printing in the casino gaming industry. We are a privately held company that has been in business for over 40 years. TPI is always looking for committed, hard working, self-motivated individuals that take pride and accountability in their work. TPI rewards their employees with competitive salaries.
We are currently seeking a full-time enthusiastic 2nd Shift Bindery Lead to work on-site in our Las Vegas, NV location.
Position Summary: This position will set-up and operate bindery equipment to include Folders, Saddle Stitchers, and/or Cutters. This position must also troubleshoot and resolve mechanical challenges and follow stringent quality control processes.
- Set up and operate bindery machines according to work order.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshoot and resolve printing and mechanical challenges.
- Follow all quality control procedures and check all work for accuracy.
- Report and consult with staff when inaccuracies are found to ensure revisions are made properly and in a timely manner.
- Keep management informed on general conditions and on matters of importance which could impact quality, cost, safety, or employee morale.
- Confirm proper materials are being utilized in the production of products.
- Lift and load paper to machine and remove from machine.
- Must meet schedules and tight deadlines while being responsible for ensuring quality work.
- Work closely with other team members to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including over-time on weekends.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Operate pallet jacks to transport paper as needed.
- Drive truck as needed to transport finished product to post office for delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to manage multiple objectives and tasks simultaneously and be able to adjust immediately to changing priorities.
- Must work well in a team environment and have the ability to communicate needs and objectives with all team members.
- Ability to work under pressure and work flexible hours and weekends as needed.
- Individual should be mechanically inclined and possess problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and comprehension skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail essential.
- Service minded and motivated to succeed.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Valid driver's license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- At least two years successful experience operating a Folder, Stitcher, and/or Cutter machine operator in a bindery setting.
- Previous supervisory or lead operator experience preferred.
- Other bindery equipment operating experience a plus.
Physical Demands: Standing for extended periods and frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs. Continuous vision. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. Pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs. to move palletized load. Frequent reaching, twisting, and gripping up to 25 lbs. to move paper stock. Occasional crouching and use of hand tools during routine machine maintenance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Typical hours are Monday through Friday. 1st shift is 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.; 2nd shift is 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Weekend hours may be required during peak production times. This position typically works 40-50 hours per week.