Reports to: Communications Director
Work Week: Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Scope: Primary responsibility will be to raise funds for APM's two annual signature events. The Development Manager will also be responsible for implementing fundraising portion of APM's five-year plan, and expand the pool of individual, corporate, and foundation donors to APM.
Works with the Communications Director and Events Manager to raise event-specific and operational funds for public awareness of the work Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha, Inc. (APM). Reviews, analyzes, and informs the Communications Director of funding opportunities for general operating support. Writes corporate and foundation grant proposals, sponsorship solicitations and reports. Maintains all necessary infrastructure for the development department. Identifies funding prospects and develops strategic plans for cultivating their support. Maintains and augments support from current funders. Represents APM at meetings with current and potential funders.
- Design sponsorship materials for APM's two annual signature events.
- Act as principal fundraising contact for sponsors and event participants. Create invoices on an as-needed basis.
- Write proposals for events on an as-needed basis.
- Research foundation and private-sector opportunities for general operating support.
- Organize data and write content for letters of inquiry and/or funding proposals for foundations and the private sector.
- Track all grant proposals/letters of inquiry to foundations and the private sector, including proposal and report submission dates.
- Identify potential new funding sources through Internet and other research.
- Maintain database of potential funders and fundraising sources. Be proactive in identifying and contacting such sources.
- Create fundraising mailings for corporate and individual donor solicitations.
- Prepare quarterly written report to Board of Directors, updating them on fundraising and outreach activities. Make oral/written monthly presentation to Board on such activities as necessary.
- Work with the Events Manager and the Communications Director to create and/or identify activities which can be used to create positive publicity and raise funds for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Director.
APM is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Bachelor's degree with a three to five years of experience in fundraising and public relations. Fundraising experience should include successful proposal writing, event planning and organizing, and corporate solicitation.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated writing ability
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and NetSuite
- Ability to work effectively alone and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to set up and keep deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated marketing/public relations skills
- Significant project management experience
- Medical Insurance or $100/month medical insurance waiver reimbursement
- 403b retirement plan: 4% APM contribution PLUS 3% APM matching contribution
- 20 PTO Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-term Disability
APM is an equal opportunity employer.