CDC Small Business Finance is looking for a proactive, self-starter who can work independently within a small company environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a friendly work environment. This position markets the SBA 504 loan program within SBA’s Sacramento market area.
· Market and promote business services of CDC to banks, small businesses, brokers, developers, and governmental agencies within the Sacramento area utilizing the small business lending programs offered by CDC and/or other lending products available from CDC.
· Ability to make presentations to groups, individuals and represents CDC at business and industry functions.
· Identify, meet and prescreen potential borrowers to discuss loan programs.
· Manage the processing of a loan files while utilizing the services of support personnel in multiple departments.
· Pre-Qualify, compile, structure, and analyze loan applications for eligibility, credit worthiness and repayment ability using CDC credit guidelines.
· Prepare History, economic benefits and collateral narrative sections in credit memorandum for credit consideration.
· Required to complete Loan Officer responsibilities for Data Input into CDC loan program software (Ventures)
· Promote CDC’s compliance with SBA’s program requirements by assisting in the processing of a loan file.
· Consult with CDC’s management staff and CDC legal counsel on issues related to CDC loan programs and corporate business services.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, marketing, economics, finance, or urban studies from a recognized college or university or equivalent qualifying experience in Business Finance or related field on the basis of 30 semester or 345 quarter units for each year of experience.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing, and general underwriting principles.
· Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
· Commercial business and real estate loan structuring and underwriting fundamentals.
· Sales and marketing techniques and ability to educate business owners, brokers, bankers, civic personnel, and related financial professionals on lending programs.
· Principles and practices of financial management.
· Methods of presenting economic development and financing information to the public.