Air Comm Corporation is seeking an experienced Buyer to support all internal and external customer material and service needs in an FAA regulated, AS9100 certified aviation design, testing and manufacturing environment. Working with the Supply Chain and overall Operations team to support ACC, the Buyer is responsible for the procurement and execution of assigned goods and serviced in compliance with quality, delivery and pricing policies as outlined by Air Comm. This position has a great area of impact and ability to influence customer satisfaction, company success, and the ongoing improvement of the department and company as a whole. The individual that we seek is excited to come to work and is motivated by the idea of being involved in critical sub-system development for next-generation civil and military aircraft on tight schedules. You will work in a small team environment with high visibility - every project is an important component in Air Comm’s growth strategy.
• Solicit bids, analyze quotations received, select or recommend suppliers.
• Interview prospective vendors.
• Source and Purchase items and services at the most favorable price consistent with the approved supply base, quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors, and concurrent maintenance of system integrity of data and record retention.
• Quantities of items and materials purchased may be relatively large, particularly in the case of contracts for continuing supply over a period of time
• May be responsible for locating or promoting new sources of supply
• Is expected to keep abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
• Works directly with production and engineering staff to integrate process and procedural improvements.
• Identify sources and coordinate purchase of raw material required for R&D and mainstream production.
• Daily transaction of ERP messages and bidding/ signaling releases to suppliers in a high volume FAA regulated AS9100/ ERP environment.
• Commitment to company and personal continual improvement, education, and technological innovation to stay current in the industry and drive to world class supply chain development.
• Bachelor's degree in supply chain or business related field.
• Minimum 2 years of purchasing experience. Experience with budgets, trends and price negotiations required.
• Technical fluency in Office products (Excel required) and familiarity with ERP system functionality.
• Experience with ISO or AS9100 processes and procedures preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 2-5 years of supply chain experience, Quantum Control/ JDE experience or similar preferred.
• APICS certification strongly preferred.
• Due to the diversity and strict time frames within the aviation industry, candidate must be able to handle several priority items as well as meet simultaneous deadlines.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off. We hold fun monthly company events and every Friday is casual dress.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
In accordance with U.S. export control laws, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to U.S.- origin controlled technology. To comply with these requirements, Air Comm may require employees to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (“green card holder”), an asylee, refugee or other protected person.