This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager. This role supports procurement for special projects, design projects, long lead and high cost items. The Buyer II/Project Manager is responsible for the procurement and execution of these assigned goods and services to ensure compliance with contract, quality, delivery, and pricing policies. This role has a great area of impact and the ability to influence customer satisfaction, company success, and the ongoing improvement of the department. This role supports and leads business aspect of company development projects.
Sourcing and Purchasing - 45%
1. Source and purchase for special projects with Engineering, specialized products, and long lead high dollar parts.
2. Review purchasing demands and shortages daily to determine shortages and purchase priorities for the day.
3. Evaluate lead times and production dates to determine when and how many to purchase.
4. Prepare quotes and purchase requisitions for approved suppliers to commit to price, quality, delivery and specifications.
5. Select the supplier, ensure the appropriate approvals and submit the purchase order to the supplier that meets the product requirements and the company goals of low cost, high quality, and on-time-delivery.
6. Monitor suppliers performance and escalate risks, delays, prices issues or quality to Supply Chain Management in Daily Huddle meetings,
7. Monitor blanket PO's by ensuring min/max triggers are met and adhered to.
8. Calculate min/max levels to ensure triggers meet lead times.
9. Prepare and submit NDA's and supplier surveys to qualify new and potential suppliers for the Approved Supplier List.
10. Review and evaluate supplier risk including obsolescence to determine if they are a viable supplier to be added to the Approved Supplier List.
11. Perform interviews/on-site visits and assessments for new vendor sourcing ensuring supplier meets acceptable risk assessment score.
12. Monitor issues and corrective actions and work with suppliers to resolve in a timely manner including repair and replacement activities resulting from MRB.
13. Retain records of purchases to ensure traceability of part to requirements for FAA and AS91000 compliance.
14. Ensure trade compliance for ACC exported products by ensuring schedule B and tariff codes are entered into the system.
15. Monitor commodity news at a global level and advise Supply Chain Manager of any risks, including increased tariffs/fees.
16. Negotiate and develop pricing, terms and conditions for long term contracts and customer parts.
17. Administer existing contracts and drive LTA partnerships where appropriate.
Project Management – 35%
1. Negotiate long term contracts with vendors for pricing and terms and conditions.
2. Participate in design reviews for custom built parts/product to provide input to the procurement plan.
3. Sign off on the release new parts with engineering.
4. Utilize project management skills to manage outsourced projects, developing alternate vendors and obsolete part issues and update stakeholders.
5. Write effective project charters, involve appropriate stakeholders, document schedule, manage rolling action item lists, run business aspect of project review meetings.
6. Drive project development needs toward preferred existing supply base and stable materials.
7. Aid SCM in risk assessments and mitigation plans.
Collaboration - 10%
1. Assist quality in MRB activities that require suppliers to replace or repair supplied product and related supplier quality improvements.
2. Work with Accounting to ensure invoices are reconciled and returns/repairs are credited.
3. Collaborate with production on understanding schedules and lead time requests.
4. Collaborate with quality and production to determine resolution to Hot Item or late shipment issues.
5. Collaborate with Engineering to flow Engineering Change Orders to suppliers and ensure implementation.
6. Collaborate with supply base for mutually beneficial organization.
Continuous Improvement - 10%
1. Work with direct manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to continue to grow skills and abilities,
2. Identify process improvements with the goal of increasing efficiency in the purchasing process and elevate to Supply Chain Manager.
3. Lead process improvement and corrective action teams internally and with suppliers.
4. Champion Lean initiatives within the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in supply chain or business related field.
• Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience in manufacturing industry.
• Experience with budgets, trends and price negotiations required.
• Technical fluency in Office products (Excel required) and familiarity with ERP system functionality.
• Experience with ISO or AS9100 processes and procedures preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Quantum Control/ JDE experience or similar MRP/ERP experience desired.
• APICS certification strongly preferred.
• Due to the diversity and strict time frames within the aviation industry, candidate must be able to handle several priority items as well as meet simultaneous deadlines.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In accordance with U.S. export regulations, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. It is possible that Air Comm Corporation may require authorization from the U.S. government in the form of an export license before providing an applicant or employee access to such technology and/or software code. When this is the case, employment is contingent upon Air Comm Corporation obtaining any required licenses or government authorizations prior to an applicant starting employment.