Flexible Work Schedule!
Sign-on Bonus! Shorter Summer Hours! Paid Professional Development! Awesome Benefits!
Smith Schafer is currently looking for an experienced Tax Accountant to join their team.
Since 1971, Smith Schafer has been one of Minnesota’s most successful CPA firms and continues to experience incredible growth.
Since we are a mid-sized CPA firm, we require fewer hours compared to the Top 10 accounting firms and shorter summer hours, and you’ll have the opportunity to work with different departments, have more client interaction, and learn new things.
Job Summary for the Senior Tax Accountant:
Smith Schafer & Associates is currently seeking a dedicated and goal oriented Senior Tax Accountant to take charge in preparing individual and business tax returns. A Senior Accountant prepares and reviews complex tax returns and provides coaching and training for entry level accountants and interns. This role will work closely with managers and principals in assisting our clients with tax planning, preparing financial statements and researching technical tax issues. This person will have the opportunity to organize and manage client assignments and projects, prioritize workflows and manage multiple deadlines. The person in this role will continue to learn, understand, and effectively use current tax and accounting software applications.
Key Responsibilities of Senior Tax Accountant:
- Prepares and leads preparation of individual and business tax returns.
- Completes initial review and prepares complex tax returns.
- Provides leadership and training for staff and entry level accountants and seasonal interns.
- Assists with tax planning and leads specific assigned projects.
- Prepares/reviews compiled financial statements.
- Works in team environment with principals, managers and staff.
- Understands and effectively uses current tax and accounting software applications when completing engagements.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Starts to identify areas of specialization.
- Researches technical tax issues.
- Engages in learning about the Firm’s business development efforts.
- Professionally represents the Firm at assigned business and community functions.
- Participates in industry niches.
- Participates in professional, charitable, and/or civic organizations.
The Senior Accountant should have the following education and experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Two years of experience in tax planning and preparation, tax related projects.
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organization, focus, exceptional attention to detail.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- 3 years of experience in tax planning, preparation, and tax related projects.
- Experience with ProSystems tax preparation software, QuickBooks, and CCH Engagement.
- Customer-service oriented, demonstrated by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
- CPA exam passed or on track to complete.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
Smith Schafer is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer