Applications Scrum Master
We are passionate about building a destination where our Customers and Teammates can achieve their full potential. We believe that dedication to successful outcomes through innovation and life-long learning are the cornerstone of who we are and where we are going. Want to join us?
Who We Want
A successful Applications Scrum Master will apply their experience from delivering a proven portfolio of high value projects and software assets. Our Scrum Masters lead projects to success by managing others, proactively mitigating risks and resolving potential escalations through the application of Scrum, Kanban, and other Agile practices. A teammate who can handle the variability of multiple customers and multiple business problems with excitement and passion for the opportunity to deliver value. Our Scrum Masters must successfully navigate a customer’s environment to understand the complexities and meet our customers where they are on their Agile journey.
As an Applications Scrum Master, you’ll be highly visible, interacting with individuals of all levels throughout HBS as well as our customer organizations.
What is the Job
- Facilitate Scrum events including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospective
- Identify potential risks or roadblocks and develop specific plans to mitigate or address any concerns
- Remove impediments that block the team from completing their work
- Ensure the proper team interactions occur with the Product Owner and the stakeholders for proper alignment planning, refinement, review
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks as well as project/department process and standards.
- Work with the Product Owner to refine the backlogs and handle new requests
- Foster high performing, consistent, and effective teams by promoting continuous improvement and obtaining product/management team feedback
- Help build a fulfilling and productive environment where team members own the product and enjoy working on it
- Produce value-added metrics (burn-up, velocity, earned value, etc.) to assist the team and organization leadership in measuring success
- Serve one or multiple Scrum Teams depending on client needs and organizational structure
- Engage with your sales and service teammates to successfully deliver projects
- Work with all Application team technology stacks, across industries, while building customer knowledge and credibility
- Navigate through ambiguous situations while managing customer expectations
- Engage with sales to cultivate business relationships to help build a ‘customer for life’ mentality to drive future sales
- Will be a servant-leader to a team consisting of software and systems engineers.
Apply if you have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics or Business Administration
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile techniques and artifacts (such as the Scrum Guide, definition of done, product backlog items, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- 5+ years of project management experience across various methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Safe, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, engineers, and business partners, including proven ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail
- Experience in DevOps, Continuous Delivery & Accept Test Drive Development (ATDD)
- Experience working as a Project Manager on application development focused projects
- Certification (PMI PMP, PMI Agile Senior Scrum Master, etc.)
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
How to WOW us
- Experience working in a professional services environment
- Experience/willingness to help grow and mature organizational delivery processes and methodologies
- Advanced Agile Certification (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, etc.)
- Experience as a business analyst or product owner
- People management experience
- Background in organizational change management/Prosci
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Management
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets