About Second Stage Theater
At Second Stage, we create and champion plays and musicals solely from living American writers. On our mainstage Broadway theater, the Hayes, and in our two Off Broadway theaters over the past 40 years, we have developed and presented over 200 daring and provocative theatrical experiences by working with countless artists who have contributed their talents to our award-winning productions. As the only Broadway company exclusively devoted to living American writers Second Stage is dedicated to introducing the world to bold and diverse voices of American creativity.
This newly created role plays a key part in managing the marketing and communications of the Theater-overseeing the outside advertising and press agencies with a focus on subscription and single ticket initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications will be a key stakeholder in marketing and communications for a season of productions on Broadway at the Hayes Theater and off-Broadway at The Tony Kiser and McGinn/Cazale Theaters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversight of season media including expenses/revenue, timelines, strategy, and content ensuring Second Stage is best in class.
- Thought leadership as it relates to branding, positioning and best marketing practices.
- Develop internal calendars and work hand in hand with Director on season plans.
- Manage press and communications efforts as it relates to trafficking press releases, brainstorming angles, awards season and institutional advancement.
- Provide guidance to, and review and approve the work of Digital Marketing Associate in maintaining front-end web content, social media, creating e-mail campaigns, and ensuring a coherent presence across all interactive media channels and to support growing revenue across these channels
- Additional tasks as needed to support the marketing department including occasional events nights and weekends at the theater.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have experience working with an advertising agency and/or press firm.
- Understanding of and passion for theater
- Excellent writing/communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Knowledge of Tessitura, Wordfly and/or similar operating systems a plus
Compensation: Base salary starting at $72,000.00 annually
Benefits: Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an inclusive employer.
Second Stage is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.