PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Naperville, Chicago, and Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds, while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas. Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
We are currently seeking full-time Senior Associate to join our dynamic and growing Client Advisory Services department.
The Senior Associate will perform accounting tasks for clients assigned within the department in a cost-effective and professional manner including, but not limited to, computer-compiled financial statement engagements, outsourced accounting services, QuickBooks Online and Bill.com support.
This role can be performed at any of our office locations.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist with individualized accounting issues
- Bank reconciliations, account analyses, general journal entries as needed
- Preparation of necessary file workpapers with emphasis on neatness as well as accurate documentation
- Maintain up-to-date fixed asset schedules
- Compile computer-generated financials
- Possesses attention to detail and high quality standards
- Ability to plan and organize assigned activities to achieve tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to identify and discuss issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows based programs: Word, Outlook, and Excel
- QuickBooks Online and Bill.com experience a plus
- Ability to interface with a variety of people
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in public accounting
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.