Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The Medical Transcriptionist demonstrates a broad encompassing knowledge and expertise in reviewing editing documents.
- Manage work flow from Outsource Company
- Make sure turnaround time is 48 hours to/from Outsource Company
- Stay in contact with Outsource Company constantly for any problems, issues, missing dictation, stats, etc
- Notify If department of any issues with flow of voice files not flowing between us and Outsource Company
- Assisting editors with editing when they have problems
- Locate missing notes
- Notify appropriate manager when unable to find a note after exhausting all measures
- Answer questions from staff/physicians regarding dictation
- Make sure equipment is working and notifies appropriate people if needed
- Handling situation that may arise regarding dictation or work flow
- Correct and re fax all electronic failed faxes
- Correct and place notes in chart from practice template
- Work errors in the fax queue
- Keep Master file of physician office fax numbers, and updates
- High school diploma required
- College education or trade school preferred
- Knowledge and expertise in reviewing and editing documents
- Good computer skills proficiency
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers