National Development (“ND”) is looking for a senior real estate professional with extensive experience in the design, value engineering and construction of complex, urban and suburban development projects. ND has a deep pipeline of large-scale, mixed-use projects across a variety of project types including high-rise residential, life science, senior housing, hospitality and industrial. The primary focus of this role will include leading a comprehensive construction management discipline within the development group. A secondary focus of this role will be the oversight and guidance of the project management team’s execution of multi-faceted developments in the Greater Boston and New England marketplace.
As SVP of Development and Construction Management, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Working closely with the ND leadership team to identify market-specific development goals/objectives and developing a strategic vision to mitigate key project execution risks.
• Providing oversight and direction on: procedural and process issues, construction budgets and cost control, design assist processes, general contractor and subcontractor performance, constructability and technical issues, risk analysis and mitigation, and special issues as they arise.
• Management of construction and consultant contracts, insurance and conflict resolution.
• Monitoring work and evaluating on-going project budgets and schedules to ensure that departmental objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the company strategy.
• Mentoring and developing project managers, managing work allocation, identifying training and continuing education opportunities and assisting in the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
• Fostering accountability and empowerment.
• Strengthening and maintaining joint venture partner relationships.
• Embracing ND’s diversity initiatives and goals.
What You Bring to Us:
· Proven leader that can manage multiple project teams, competing priorities, and different personalities.
· Deep understanding and core competencies in: project management, construction risks, budgeting, cost forecasting and estimating, schedule, and logistics development.
· High level of business communication skills, including strong presentation and writing abilities.
· Experience in and passion for mentoring and managing others.
· Desire and ability to work independently with a “hands on” approach.
· 15+ years of experience in construction/real estate development, preferably in Greater Boston area.
· Bachelor Degree Required.
· Advanced Degree/MBA Preferred.
What We Bring You:
At National Development, we want our team members to be happy, empowered and constantly growing both personally and professionally. We offer a wide range of insurance programs and benefits that support you and your family in cultivating a gratifying and healthy lifestyle. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and future planning:
· Comprehensive and Affordable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
· Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Plans
· Life Insurance and LTD
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Wellness Incentives
· Company-matched 401K
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
· Paid Time-off
Ready to tackle the next challenge in your career? Check out National Development and apply online at: www.natdev.com
· National Development is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and encourages qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against employees or prospective employees based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age or military status.