At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for researching, creating, developing, and facilitating the Company specific training content for staff while assessing training effectiveness through evaluation.
- Designs, develops, implements and evaluates training programs and content such as new employee orientation, compliance, safety training courses, operations training, etc. for all levels of the organization.
- Creates, maintains, and updates project plans and coordinates with the Learning and Development team on new and current training initiatives.
- Leads or co-facilitates trainings for all needed departments [Operations, Sales, Technical, Leadership Development, HR, Compliance, and Security].
- Assesses training effectiveness, by tracking progress and identifying trends.
- Creates interactive multimedia presentations accompanying high impact and engaging facilitation.
- Performs basic administrative functions in the learning management system [LMS] to launch and troubleshoot training content in assistance with the Learning and Development team.
- Assists with the HR business if needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in a corporate training environment is required.
- Experience with organizational development, business, process, and apply widely accepted instructional design frameworks [ADDIE, SAM, etc.] to manage creation and revision of trainings is required.
- Experience creating presentations, training materials, and job aids is required.
- Experience with classroom facilitation is required.
- Exposure to E-Learning development tools is preferred.
- Experience with technical and non-technical training is required.
- Experience with training and development in the software industry is preferred.
- Experience with using various instructional design and delivery tools and modalities is required.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting audio-visual and hardware used to deliver trainings is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred. Learning Management System experience is required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or Education or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: PHR, SPHR, ATD, or related certification is preferred. Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC employer