Philbrook Museum of Art is a vibrant cultural institution in Tulsa, Oklahoma that welcomes approximately 150,000 visitors each year. A 1920s Italianate Villa nestled in 25 acres of designed gardens, the Museum features selections from an actively growing collection of approximately 16,000 objects as well as a dynamic and ambitious program of rotating exhibitions. Philbrook is Oklahoma’s most comprehensive art museum and offers visitors a glimpse into a broad range of cultures, time periods, and perspectives. The diverse collection supports a vision of Philbrook as central to the lives of our community as a place for learning, inspiration, and fun. Through bold action and strategic investment, we create a space for new ideas, diverse perspectives, and social connection.
The Philbrook gardens were designed in 1926 by Hare and Hare, a landscape architecture firm from Kansas City, Missouri, and were completed in 1927. The formal gardens are largely styled after Italian gardens, known for their visual focal points. In keeping with the tradition of Renaissance villa gardens, the strongest geometrical designs are closest to the house. The formal patterns relax as the gardens move into the distance. A series of water elements define the gardens, signaling the transition from formal to informal spaces. The 25 acres include five major gardens, five smaller gardens, four historical structures, 17 works of art, and an urban forest numbering over 1,000 trees. The gardens were renovated in 2004. Since then bee hives, a Victory Garden (which provide fresh herbs and vegetables to our community), and a stained glass log cabin have been added to the garden.
We are currently seeking a part-time Guest Experience Associate to join our team!
As a Guest Experience Associate, you are responsible for providing exceptional customer service and demonstrating the highest standards of integrity and professionalism when interacting with Philbrook Members and the public. This position model’s behavior consistent with Philbrook’s continued efforts to ensure the Museum is a welcoming, accessible, and inclusive venue, in alignment with its brand and mission. The Guest Experience Associate works primarily at the Museum’s admissions desk facilitating the check-in process for all visitors and groups and assisting them in planning their museum experience.
- Perform daily front-of-house operations and point-of-sale.
- Process General Admission, Event/Program ticket, and Membership sales using a specialized software and database system.
- Perform opening and closing duties. Cash handling and basic accounting knowledge is required.
- Provide Guest Experience support for various Museum events, programs, and activities.
- Handle complaint and service recovery efforts, in person, via phone, and through written correspondence, demonstrating the highest level of customer service and using good judgment to surface complaints to supervisor.
- Build strong relationships across the institution by communicating proactively and maintaining a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent with combination of education, training, and experience.
- At least two years of customer service experience; preferably in public facing position.
- Previous non-profit experience; knowledge of Tessitura or other fundraising databases is a plus.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Creative thinking skills, initiative, and desire to work collaboratively.
- Goal-driven and ability to meet deadlines.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Professional attitude and pleasant demeanor with colleagues, volunteers, members, and donors.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
*Bilingual, Spanish-speaking candidates are encouraged to apply.
Starting Pay - $14.00/hr
Required Hours - 12 -15 hours/week
Preferred availability: Wednesday - Sunday 8:45am - 5:15pm; Thursday and Saturday 8:45am - 7:15pm; and Friday 8:45am - 9:15pm
Philbrook is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At Philbrook, we value a diverse and inclusive workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.