LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA OR SAN FRANCISCO, CA
- Review daily banking transactions and record into our accounting system
- Work with budget owners and managers to ensure proper and timely coding of income and expenses
- Perform reconciliation of asset and liability accounts and create variance reports for income statement accounts
- Assist in bank and credit card reconciliation procedures
- Track receivables and partner with Financial Operations and Client Service teams on collection of outstanding payments
- Reconcile cash receipts to billing data and general ledger
- Maintain vendor information and records - collect W-9’s, and tracking vendors for 1099’s
- Facilitate weekly invoice approvals and payment process
- Administer weekly accounts payable processing including preparation and posting of checks and electronic payments
- Assist in employee reimbursement process and maintenance of Expensify (reimbursement platform)
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of financial statements and reports
- Assist with annual and periodic audit requests
- Compile and present requested financial information
- Assist in the preparation and submission of various regulatory documents
- Maintain and follow department processes and procedures and actively look for opportunities to implement improvements and efficiencies
- Execute other duties as assigned
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- Hold a 4-year college degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a similar field
- 1-3 years experience in an accounting function
- Advanced Excel/spreadsheet and accounting software experience
- Stock compensation experience is a plus, but not required
- Experience with SQL coding is a plus, but not required
- Experience with accounting system conversion is a plus, but not required
- Excellent time management, organization, detail orientation, communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to take immediate ownership of your work
- You are a resourceful problem solver and are often able to tackle issues you’ve never encountered by knowing where and when to find relevant information
- You take responsibility and accountability for your actions and value integrity
- CPA or CPA-aspirant
Candidates must meet all employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of background & credit checks and any pre-employment examinations, signing of all employee agreements, and have the ability to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities set forth in a consistent and efficient manner.
You will be joining a team that is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their goals by providing exceptional investment management and wealth planning services. Putting our clients first guides our decision-making and culture, and allows us to build long-term, caring and trusted relationships.
We love working in a professional yet relaxed working environment. We encourage openness, active listening, mutual respect, candor and integrity. We cultivate a diverse and inclusive work environment where we encourage a work/life balance through a generous PTO policy and flexible work hours. We enjoy each other's company at team and semi-annual firm wide outings. We take a hybrid in-office/remote working approach.
OUR COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We provide a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and skills and offer an annual bonus based on company and individual performance. Laird Norton Wealth Management offers excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, generous time off, flexible spending plans for health care and dependent care, 401(k) plan, paid transportation pass, and more. To learn more about LNWM please visit our website (www.lairdnortonwm.com).
Laird Norton Wealth Management (headquartered in Seattle) & Wetherby Asset Management (headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York and Los Angeles) recently combined to expand and enhance the exceptional wealth management and trust services we offer wealthy individuals, families and institutions throughout the nation. The firm is the result of a merger between two industry leading independent advisory firms and combines the entrepreneurial spirit of broad employee ownership with the stability and long-term vision that comes being part of a seventh-generation family enterprise. Our firms share a client-centric culture, a commitment to teamwork, and a business mindset that asks: what is best for our clients, best for our employees and best for the communities in which we work? Combined, we manage more than $15 billion in assets and our 180+ employees deliver a holistic and integrated set of services including investment management, wealth planning and trust and estate administration.
Our firm aims to cultivate an inclusive environment and culture that fosters growth, collaboration and acceptance; where we celebrate the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees; and where employees feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves. Our diversity drives us forward and helps us build deeper relationships with our clients and our community.
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns and volunteers based on their actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military and veteran status, civil air patrol status, national origin, immigration status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, and including medical conditions related to lactation) or medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics).