Not many companies in today’s world have a 95% retention rate of associates like Indiana Farmers Insurance. We value and retain our associates through a combination of interesting work, great co-workers, and a top-notch total rewards package. We are a financially strong mutual insurance company that values making smart decisions and implementing them sensibly. We also value having a good balance between our work and personal lives. All these factors combined mean a positive and stable workplace for our associates and excellent service for our members!
We are currently looking for an experienced Field Property Claims Professional to join our Claims Team, to service various counties in Southern and Southeastern Indiana. The right candidate will investigate, assess damages, write structural property estimates, make coverage decisions, and ultimately resolve personal, commercial and farm property claims. As a Field Property Claims Representative II with Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will support our vision by driving prompt and fair claims resolutions.
Responsibilities in this job include but are not limited to:
- Fairly and accurately assessing claims when time is of the essence, according to policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Communicating with policyholders, claimants, and agents by phone, in writing, and in person
- Experience and expertise in writing structural property estimates
- Identifying, investigating, and referring potentially fraudulent claims
- Ability to read and interpret policies and endorsements
Important skills and abilities include:
- Possessing effective and positive interpersonal communication skills and demonstrating a professional, yet friendly demeanor
- Ability to set customer expectations and meet and/or exceed them
- Solid problem solving and decision-making abilities, in a timely good-faith manner while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
- Possessing excellent time management, organization, and efficiency skills
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively cope with difficult individuals and situations
- College degree, preferred
- One - Three years field property claims experience, required
- Professional designation (CPCU, CSLA, AIC, etc.), strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Xactimate an added benefit
- Must be able to climb, access roofs, basements, crawlspaces, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 145 years in business!
Our Total Rewards Package includes a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Excellent health, dental, vision and life Insurance plans are provided free of charge to associates.
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow.
- We offer an exceptional 401(k) Plan with a 2% match plus an 11% company contribution.
- An above average Paid Time Off bank of days as well as paid holidays are standard.
- We offer a paid Day of Service to serve others at your favorite charitable organization.
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization.
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture.
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier.
For more information about Indiana Farmers, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!