Build relationships with employee direct reports. Remove barriers so employees can succeed. Coach employees to put forth their best efforts towards the goals of the company. Create and reinforce clear and basic workplace expectations. Actively follow up with employees to reinforce or redirect their efforts towards these expectations. Coach employees on continuous performance improvement in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and efficiency, Behavioral Management Techniques (BMT). Make sure schedules are followed, assist in any function to keep operations running, assign manpower to job assignments, make sure people are working in a safe manner, assist in training of old and new jobs
Communication and Relationships
• Supervise Bar Mill production staff including disciplinary issues, scheduling work, troubleshooting issues, etc.
• Complete Leader Standard Work Sheets Daily (LSW)
• Work with maintenance supervisor and planner on repairs needed in Bar Mill.
• Order tools and parts as needed.
• Observe off-shift performance.
• Hold regular, daily conversations to fully engage employees on safety, quality and productivity while conducting mill walk-arounds (Milk Runs), observations and monitoring.
• Be present and visible to production operators; listen and follow-up on employee input regarding barriers and impediments that prevent employees from achieving high levels of work performance.
• Provide regular, ongoing feedback to employees regarding their work performance using Revere safety, quality, and productivity and attendance data.
• Take ownership of workplace issues and challenges regarding your direct reports and communicate with others as needed to address and resolve.
• Ensure effective shift-to-shift communications for safety, equipment status, staffing and end of shift report out.
• Uphold the Collective Bargaining Agreement; follow and apply all workplace policies and Human Resource procedures; consult HR on issues as needed.
Continuously take leadership actions to create a safe workplace culture by engaging direct reports in local safety meetings, safety action plans and safety report follow-up, data collection (observations, tallies, surveys), injury reports, and corrective action follow-up. Daily Safety conversations during Milk Runs.
Continuously take leadership actions to apply Revere’s process control procedures including the implementation of deviation procedures. Train and coach employees to documented work methods and conduct job instruction breakdown (JIB) observations to reinforce work methods and provide feedback to employees.
Follow Reliability and Maintenance roles and responsibilities, including work requests for equipment; and follow-up to provide needed resources. Reinforce Operator Basic Care principles.
Strong supervisory experience; industrial or production type setting
Relationship building experience.
Minimum: 3-5 years of experience in production with time spent in supervisor role.
While performing the duties of this job, will be regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
May be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
May be regularly exposed to high noise environments.
May be exposed to extremely dusty environments
Minimum: High School/GED. Leadership training.
Preferred: Bachelor Arts or Science. Behavioral Management Leadership Techniques.