SUMMARY: The Health Coaching Sales individual is a Personal Success Coach who provides one-on-one instruction and guidance to current members and potential members regarding their fitness and exercise abilities. This process will enable safe and effective exercise experiences, thereby, attracting additional and continual club members. The goal is to convert
these prospects into any of our reoccurring training packages.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide one-on-one guidance, and techniques to members within their exercise abilities and to enable safe and effective exercise experiences in accordance with the MBSC Thrive program.
- Educate and motivate members toward a healthier, more fit lifestyle, coordinating with other professional services (such as dietitians and medical providers) as needed.
- Establish baseline measurements for members by offering appropriate fitness tests and assessments.
- Develop positive relationships with members and encourage active participation and program growth.
- Maintain accurate records and completes forms and reports as required.
- Schedule appointments (Membership appointments and GRA’s)
- Consult with potential members and convert them into paying members
- Re-engage inactive members and funnel them into higher-touch programs
- Generate referrals
- Follow up promptly and completely with all inbound traffic
- Maintain constant lines of communication with your members.
- Troubleshoot problems when they arise
- Ensure member’s declined payments are resolved quickly and congenially
- Log all activity in CRM
- Provide a professional representation of the club through action and appearance.
- Know products that we sell (features, advantages, benefits)
- Complete necessary paperwork: filling out contracts accurately, daily sales reports, stat sheet
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Approach your job as though it is your own business
- Participate in health fairs
- Contact added value and corporates that are assigned to you by your manager
- Prospect for additional corporates
- Walk around club for referrals from current members (offer guest passes)
- Check in with your manager daily
- Generate leads through community outreach, social media, etc.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members, and management, to assure delivery of a strong program within established policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and required staff training throughout the year.
- Seek continuing education experiences to gain knowledge, improve skills, and maintain certifications.
- Breakdown of time – 20% Phone calls, emails and texts to non-members
20% Phone calls, emails, and texts to existing members
35% Consulting with prospective and existing members
10% Ongoing training and development
5% Paperwork and administrative backup
10% Marketing and promotions
Function within the prescribed work schedule at the club
- Keep sales area neat and orderly
- Strive to reach sales goals
- Prospects should come from: 50% Internal referral base-existing members/guests
30% Externally produced prospects from advertising
10% Externally produced through contacts
10% Non-solicited informational calls and walk-ins
· May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
· SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- Nationally accredited Personal Trainer certification required, to be maintained throughout employment. CSCS or other sports performance certifications preferred.
- High School Degree required
- Sales experience preferred
- Associates or bachelor’s degree with a concentration in exercise physiology, kinesiology, or health and fitness related a plus
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have own transportation back and forth between facilities and throughout the community as needed during the work shift to perform assigned duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with sound judgment.
- Basic fitness and fitness product knowledge preferred
- CPR/AED certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire, to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display a passion for health and wellness.
- Dresses appropriately and professionally in required uniform and name badge.
- Ability to demonstrate exercise activities and methods physically and vocally on available equipment.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities, including the second floor and basement.
- Able to visually and auditorially monitor clients’ activities.
- Able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools and exercise areas. Frequently works varying hours and days. Occasionally travels around the community to companies and organizations. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures.