At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The DevOps Engineer will focus on building and maintaining the tooling and infrastructure used to automate the release, deployment and upgrade processes for workloads. This position develops the automated pipelines for cloud environments and provides consulting services to application and infrastructure teams specific to build, test and release automation. The role is also responsible for the operations and operating environment for the DevOps platforms and will drive troubleshooting efforts around incidents and outages.
- Work in collaboration with Development to provide ongoing operational support of the DevOps tools and services supporting various systems.
- Strengthen and maintain the monitoring and management of the build and deployment processes and infrastructure.
- Design and engineer the DevOps CI/CD tooling and platform roadmap and own the lifecycle of these platforms.
- Provide direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs.
- Participate in architecture and software development activities.
- Translate loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle complex technological infrastructure, security and/or development problems.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Kira, GitLab, Arco-CD or Jenkins.
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell, Python and/or Terraform.
- Direct experience with DevOps in GCP or AWS.
- Experience with networking, cloud security principles and best practices.
- Familiarity with Postgres and other storage solutions.
- Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Services or a related field. (IT experience can substitute for a BS degree.)
- Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the on-site work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in a remote or office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.