FranConnect is the leading franchise management software provider. For nearly twenty years, the FranConnect platform has served as the Sales, Operations, and Marketing backbone for over 800 brands worldwide. Nine of the Franchise Times Top 10 Fastest Growing franchise businesses rely on FranConnect to drive growth, improve profitability, and streamline operational performance. FranConnect customers span all sizes, growth phases, and industries and they grow 44% faster on average than the broader franchising market. Backed by private-equity investor Serent Capital, FranConnect is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with global follow-the-sun operations. For more information on FranConnect, visit www.franconnect.com.
Overview of Job Function
FranConnect is searching for a talented and energetic Customer Support Representative. To succeed in this role, the right candidate will have a year or more’s experience supporting customers on web-based applications. You must have prior success working with demanding and high-profile customers. The ideal candidate will have a critical-thinking mindset, with the ability to see patterns in behavior that lead to customer problems. You will be able to grasp the complexity of a broad platform that supports a wide scope of functions and customers in range of vertical markets.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities
- Respond to incident and request escalations from the Help Desk and provide technical assistance to end users.
- Diagnose complex technical issues and involve appropriate resources to speed up problem resolution.
- Provide follow-up status to end users in accordance with specified support policies and procedures.
- Manage queue of issues, response times, and maintain high touch with each inquiry
- Work with tier 2 support to escalate issues, managing the priority and the proposed resolution times of those issues
- Track, manage, and report upon workloads, ticket patterns, and customer feedback
- Maintain customer relationships and initiate requests for conference meetings when appropriate to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain and improve knowledge of company-supported tools, applications and reporting tools.
- Increase personal knowledge of company's business environment with the goal of improving overall business alignment. Log all incoming incidents and requests as well as actions taken to resolve them.
- 1+ years of experience in a customer support, help desk, or technical support role; experience supporting enterprise-level software solution a huge plus
- Experience working with complex applications, preferably web-based
- A collaborative nature and great oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and openly in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure while remaining calm with a professional demeanor
- Good understanding of high-level internet concepts – HTTP, DNS, email/spam prevention, etc.
- Prior experience with database-heavy applications