REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT ALL CHICAGO:
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. Through our Community Partnerships program, we serve as the backbone of Chicago’s city-wide response to homelessness. We partner with 44 agencies and lead them through a year-round research, evaluation, strategic planning, and federal funding application process. Learn more at allchicago.org.
The Diversion Program Coordinator VISTA is a key member of the Program team. The Diversion Program Coordinator VISTA has the primary responsibility to expand services that divert individuals away from the homeless system, helping them either to exit homelessness or prevent entry into homelessness. The Diversion Program Coordinator VISTA will coordinate activities to improve and expand diversion activities among our partner organizations, including SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR), Eviction Diversion, and access to employment resources.
This position is a part of the Housing Action VISTA Network, which is an AmeriCorps VISTA program managed by Housing Action Illinois since 2010. As such, this position will receive expert training, support, guidance, and networking opportunities, in addition to the traditional opportunities for AmeriCorps VISTA positions. Learn more about the program at Housing Action’s website.
SOAR-Related Activities – 60%
- Improve and expand SOAR provider capacity-building activities through executing 1 provider feedback activity to gain further insight into needed SOAR activities (e.g. survey or focus group).
- Plan quarterly peer-to-peer SOAR workshops.
- Facilitate quarterly SSI/SSDI & SOAR 101 trainings for service providers.
- Lead or co-lead semiannual SOAR Online Course Cohorts to train service providers in SOAR model.Develop sustainability plan for service provider SOAR support activities.
- Develop and implement SOAR monitoring process and create system-wide SOAR outcomes dashboard.
Eviction Prevention Activities – 40%
Develop effective and appropriate policies and procedures to implement system wide access to Eviction and Family Diversion programs and resources.
- Analyze and evaluate data collected from the Eviction and Family Diversion programs.
- Develop a feedback survey for people being served through the Eviction Diversion project and oversee the implementation of this feedback survey.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- Excellent professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Goal-oriented and results-driven.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, professional presence, and ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team.
- If a candidate is selected, they must complete the necessary CNCS paperwork and Americorps Portal Application must be correctly completed and submitted to Housing Action Illinois, and the candidate must accept our offer of the position through the Americorps Portal.
- Work place is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Intermittent travel to off-site locations required.
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- This position requires attendance during regular business hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional night and weekend hours are required a few times a year.
- All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
AmeriCorps VISTA Associate Benefits:
Gross Bi-Weekly Living Allowance:
- Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, and Will Counties: $542.22.
- All Other Counties: $472.22
Choice between two End-of-Service Awards:
- Segal Education Award: $5,920
- Cash Stipend Award: $1,800
Apply on online with Resume and Cover Letter.
Note: If a candidate is selected, they must complete the necessary CNCS paperwork and Americorps Portal Application must be correctly completed and submitted to Housing Action Illinois, and the candidate must accept our offer of the position through the Americorps Portal.