MASS MoCA is looking for a detail-oriented Digital Asset Coordinator to join the Communications and Advancement team and manage the coordination and organization of digital assets. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Digital Asset Coordinator will be responsible for the archiving, maintenance, and distribution of creative assets across internal and external channels, creating and updating web content to reflect MASS MoCA's dynamic programs, and assisting the Photographer/Videographer in documenting public programs, residencies, and performing arts events.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, systems-driven person with a passion for marketing, photography, and brand content as the assets they will work with are the foundational content that our engagement campaigns are built on. A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is needed as the Digital Asset Coordinator will also maintain our website and in-gallery digital experiences such as audio tours, apps, and QR codes. The Digital Services Coordinator will be a key role in the Communications and Advancement departments, and will work closely with the visitor experience, curatorial, and production teams to coordinate photo and video content for MASS MoCA's website and social media channels, ensuring all creative assets get prepped and posted properly. The ideal candidate will have a passion for art and thrive in asset management and system operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage MASS MoCA's digital asset management system, maintaining consistency of metadata and keywords
- Create and update web pages and posts to consistently reflect monthly, weekly, daily changes
- Monitor content of the full website for UX, including testing links and noticing places for updates or improvements
- Assist with shooting and editing still images and video of MASS MoCA’s programming, from in-process to finished works of visual and performing arts and to include visitor and student engagement
- Size images for MASS MoCA’s website and social media needs
- Manage multiple requests and deadlines
- Bachelor's degree, Certifications, or equivalent working experience in a creative field.
- Minimum of 1 year of digital asset management experience
- Ability and confidence to compose images and video
- Adept working knowledge of Adobe CS, including Final Cut Pro
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Clear, concise, and professional communication skills
- SEO knowledge helpful
- Excellent interpersonal relations and sense of humor
- Effective prioritizer with time management skills.
- Highly motivated and hardworking, continuing through until goals are complete.
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow through
- Self-motivated, energetic learner.
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented and high attention to detail.
- Energetic, positive, dependable and able to work as a team member.
- The work week is Monday–Friday, with occasional weekend festivals and events
- For employment at MASS MoCA, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required for employment.
As defined by the National Labor Relations Act, this position is part of the bargaining unit for UAW Local 2110.