MASS MoCA seeks a detail oriented, energetic Advancement Services Coordinator to join our growing team of advancement professionals under exciting new institutional leadership. Reporting to the Head of Advancement, the Advancement Services Coordinator will support the work of the entire advancement office by producing and delivering all gift recognition letters, keeping clear and complete records of incoming gifts as well as all communications around them, maintaining data integrity of the donor database, providing reports for finance and executive committees, and supporting the fundraising work of our director and curators by providing briefings and donor / prospect profiles, as well as capturing contact reports. They are also a key support staff to all development office staff and fill in on a variety of projects, as needed.
- Enter all gifts into Tessitura, the donor database.
- Produce and send tax receipts and tailored donor acknowledgements.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications.
- Lead database clean-up efforts and maintain the integrity and consistency of donor records.
- Prepare regular reports on advancement goals.
- Assist with the planning and management of major fundraisers including the annual Gala.
- Use wealth screening tools to conduct research for briefings
- Provide administrative support to advancement leadership and staff
- Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative or development capacity; experience in a cultural organization preferred.
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Excel, and Word
- Proficient in fundraising CRM and wealth screening databases; experience with Tessitura preferred
- Interest MASS MoCA’s mission is strongly desired
- Effective prioritizer with time management skills.
- Highly motivated and hardworking, continuing through until goals are complete.
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow through
- Self-motivated, energetic learner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading.
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented and high attention to detail.
- Energetic, positive, dependable and able to work as a team member.
- Integrity in handling confidential information.
- The work week is Monday–Friday
- Position may require extended hours, work on weekends, holidays and for festivals and events.
- For employment at MASS MoCA, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required for employment.
As defined by the National Labor Relations Act, this position is part of the bargaining unit for UAW Local 2110.