Bridge Connector is looking for a passionate Sr. Database Engineer to support our growing client base and service lines. The primary focus will be in supporting product database architecture, maintenance and support as well as applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, data preparation and building high quality prediction systems integrated with cloud enabled products. The Sr. Database Engineer is a champion of the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help them make smarter decisions to deliver even better products
Key Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for providing senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprise’s overall database architecture.
• Creation, optimization and maintenance of conceptual and logical database models.
• Production of high quality architecture deliverables in accordance with the product / program timeline.
• Management of data across organization by overseeing and monitoring data models and structures
• Development of standards that typically include best practices observed from other technology rollouts, and helping faster solutions development through repeatable actions or reusable components in new designs.
• Database development, system analysis, design, development & support in Production, QA and Development.
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
Education and Experience
• 5+ years in a data engineering role with demonstrable experience with Cognitive computing, data integration, data mining, Natural Language Processing, Hadoop platforms, and automating machine learning components.
• System and data integration, transformation, monitoring, and systematic problem solving
• Strong experience in any database technology (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Understanding and providing the necessary data elements to Data Scientists required for predictive models
• Understanding and experience working with cloud infrastructure services like Azure, Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud. AWS preferred.
Additional preferred experience listed below:
• Demonstrated understanding of Scalability, High Availability & Redundancy concepts
• Demonstrated understanding of Enterprise Security Concepts
• The Data Architect is the self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision.
• Responsible for defining task-level approach/strategy on individual projects within their area of subject matter expertise.
• Ensure the architecture of solutions is aligned with the direction of organization in terms of technology and business strategy.
• Active participant in community of practice, providing input and leading threads.