Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
About Central Bank Center
Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky is fast becoming THE must play venue. Lexington is an active and thriving market that is craving an active and welcoming venue for events. The heart of any thriving community is its downtown—and Lexington Center and the historic Rupp Arena are truly the heart of downtown Lexington and one of the most widely-recognized entertainment venues in North America. The 20,000-seat arena, affectionately referred to by some as “the Cathedral of College Basketball” is home to the National Champion University of Kentucky men’s basketball program and has played host to some of the most talented and award-winning musicians/artists in the world including U2, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Justin Timberlake, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, and many others.
Central Bank Center is our convention side, with over 99k sf of exhibition space, 24k sf each of meeting and ball room space, 50k of hospitality space, 10k sf of flexible space, and over 2500 covered and uncovered parking spaces.
We are building an organization that serves our fans, community, and partners through world class entertainment, sports, and events. We believe in being authentically Kentucky. This means staying true to what makes Kentucky, Kentucky by rolling up our sleeves to get things done, valuing hospitality and gathering together, being a pillar in our community, teamwork over the individual, celebrating our wins, taking risks, and stretching our potential. As part of Oak View Group 360, we embrace a positive disRUPPtion. OVG360 was built on the idea that we are all fans first, and our decisions and guest interactions are made through that lens.
Will have primary responsibility for providing skilled electrical and mechanical maintenance support to the Lexington Center building complex, Opera House and performing basic to complex electrical installations and wiring for events and trade shows. Light to moderate plumbing, general building repair and maintenance, preventive maintenance and repair on machinery.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine to complex electrical installations such as electrical wiring for trade shows.
- Responsible for light to moderate plumbing installation and repair.
- Designs and fabricates parts needed in the repair and maintenance of doors, etc.
- Implements electrical wiring, cutting, bending and installation of metal conduit.
- Performs preventive maintenance/repair on building machinery, which also includes cleaning of equipment and the equipment room.
- Executes installation, replacement and repair of the building’s plumbing system i.e., pipes, sinks, faucets handles and restroom commodes, etc.
- Answers questions and provides technical assistance to vendors and clients prior to and during trade show setups.
- Light bulb replacement and other special projects.
- Attends training seminars and programs to stay abreast of the latest maintenance procedures, new equipment, etc.
- Electrical/Mechanical Building Maintenance.
- Three (3) or more years of related experience performing Electrical/Mechanical tasks or activities related to and required in the operation of a large building complex.
- Must have working knowledge of Electrical/Mechanical procedures methods, practices, tools and equipment.
- Must be able to read electrical, mechanical and building blueprints.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills, the ability to maintain daily work records of job assignments in progress and those completed for weekly labor reports.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and tact.
- Knowledge of Electrical/Mechanical equipment, tools and supplies.
- The ability to operate a forklift and other service vehicles (pick-up truck, van, etc.)
- Valid driver's license
- Requires a full range of body motions including seeing and hearing to normal range.
- Job requires routine standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing and visually checking work assignments in progress and those that have been completed.
- Occasionally must lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently works irregular hours and tight time deadlines.
- Work is performed in an enclosed office environment with occasional exposure to outside elements.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.