BronxNet is seeking Reporters to help share the views and voices in the community of the Bronx!
BronxNet is an independent award-winning not-for-profit producing programming by, for, and about the people of the Bronx, while training the community to produce programs to share with their neighbors and the world.
We are looking for reporters to tell accurate, well-written, well-documented relevant stories from our community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Covering news events, writing stories, identifying stories and preparing for stories for broadcast
- Researching, checking for accuracy, generating enterprising and relevant story ideas
- Shooting stories in the field, ability to shoot solo or with another videographer / team member
- Accept story assignments and pitch new story ideas
- Traveling to and reporting from various locations and gathering sound for stories as needed
- Help prepare students and aspiring journalists for careers in media as per BronxNet’s educational mission
The ideal candidate will have a College degree and field reporting experience. The ability to operate video equipment and standard non-linear editing equipment preferred.
The candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule - weekdays, weekends and/or evenings as needed. The ability to commute to various locations in the Bronx is desired.
The candidate must be able to work under pressure, make deadlines and manage time efficiently. This person will have a keen attention to detail and take pride in the work being produced.
Bilingual Spanish/English a plus. Knowledge of the Bronx a plus.