Rhino Sports & Entertainment Services is a staffing division of the newly formed REVELxp. We now provide service to over 50 clients in 23 states. We provide customized levels of service across all areas of our clients' venues and provide them with the best service in the industry. We hold true to our motto of “We will provide an unsurpassed customer service experience, to everyone, all the time.”
The Event Operations Manager’s main responsibility will be to recruit local staff, hire qualified individuals, train them based on our company standards, and manage both them and the event operations at the venue on the event day. Your focus will be to satisfy the full deployment request by your client(s) at your local account for every event assigned to your team. In addition, you will help manage the full-time and/or the hourly full-time account management staff in your office to accomplish your goals. This position will involve night and weekend work and the potential for some travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership to all the staff at your account. Both in the office and at events.
- Communicate regularly with the REVELxp Staffing Operations Management Team to provide regular updates on your accounts Internal & External account operations.
- Build, maintain, and nourish constructive relationships with your clients. Be able to both give and receive all types of feedback in a professional manner.
- Lead large-scale staff training to both company and client’s venue standards. Venue Breakouts, Emergency management, Customer Service, Positive Team Environment, and Staff Job Duties are common topics among others that will be addressed.
- Create and track all event invoices at your account while using our workforce management solution system, ABI MasterMind.
- Ensure compliance with all company administrative policies and procedures.
- Manage your account’s budgets, reporting, invoicing, onboarding processes, time processes, and communication for all clients and groups within your account
- NOTE: This is NOT a sales job.
- Position functions under the direct supervision of the Assistant Vice President of REVELXP.
- Position functions with a significant independence in the management of day-to-day duties and responsibilities. Longer hours/days are necessitated by large events and significant training sessions.
- Frequently required to work, evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Must be able to move in a quick, energetic manner.
- Long periods of standing and constant movement around the event venue are expected on event days.
- Long periods of sitting while on the phone and the computer are common on office days.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GREAT CANDIDATE?
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred) and a minimum of two years of large-scale sports & event management experience or collegiate/professional football experience required.
- Must show proven leadership and effective communication experience in managing large groups of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous football operations (or large event) experience required.
- Lead by example professionally and personally.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Speaking in front of large groups, as conducting training will be required.
- Be computer literate and have working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be able to respond to change in a positive and productive way.
- Exhibit an emphasis on customer service.
- Demonstrate organization and attention to small, yet critical, details.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
REVELxp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully pass a criminal background check.