Position Announcement: Forestry Applications Specialist
Location: Concord, NH
Employment Classification: Hybrid (office 3 days per week/remote 2 days per week)
LandVest has an immediate opening for a systems-oriented professional with strong technical aptitude and data analysis skills. This will be an office-oriented position reporting to the Inventory Manager. The preferred location is Concord, NH but other current LandVest office locations will be considered. The Forest Applications Specialist will assist the Inventory Manager with data review, analysis, and quality assurance. The successful candidate will assist LandVest’s forestry staff with technical support items related to our forest inventory applications, mobile devices, and forest management systems.
LandVest is an industry leader in forest management, consulting, and timberland marketing. Founded in 1968, we have been helping landowners make informed decisions about their forestland through careful analytics and thoughtful advice ever since. We currently manage over 2.2 million acres of private, industrial, and conservation timberland across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions. Forest inventory has been an ever-increasing part of our business and we anticipate additional growth in this sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inventory Data: Review, edit and analyze forest inventory data for several on-going inventory projects at any one time.
- Inventory Applications Technical Support: Respond to calls, emails and other communications from LandVest foresters and contractors regarding use of mobile devices, mobile field data collection and inventory management software applications. Communicate with vendors regarding new and known technical issues.
- Forest Management System Support: Assist LandVest staff with GIS-based forest management and planning solution.
- Client Relations: Respond to client requests or redirect to responsible staff as needed.
- Data Entry: Occasional, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Forestry, GIS, or related field.
- Customer service-oriented attitude.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to solve complex problems and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a broad variety of internal staff and external clients and colleagues.
- 1-2 years post graduate inventory/cruising related field experience. This is critical to understanding if data being reviewed is realistic/accurate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel or Access; GIS; and one or more commercially available forest inventory applications.
LandVest will provide:
- A stable organization celebrating over 50 years in business.
- A positive work environment.
- Training, the opportunity to build upon your education and hone your forestry skills.
- Competitive salary & paid time off.
- 401k Retirement Plan.
- Healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plans.
- Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans.
- Continuing education and licensure expense coverage.
- Advancement opportunities.
For information on LandVest Forest Resources Division, please visit our website at:
And watch this video:
LandVest, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.