Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services.With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
The Manager of Resident Services (New York) will report to the Vice President of Social Services and will:
- Work across business lines to ensure successful implementation of programs that support our residents
- Provide supervision, coaching, and support for coordinators, intern(s), VISTA volunteers, and contract staff as necessary
- Work directly with community managers to help resolve disputes and complaints
- Assist in developing needs assessments and workplans
- Utilize data from needs assessment to help identify program priorities related to health and wellness, financial capability, youth development, workforce development, senior services, and resident engagement
- Advise on program strategies to support COVID relief work to include eviction prevention, food insecurity, vaccinations, and broadband access
- Conduct routine check-in calls and site visits with coordinators to monitor implementation of site specific workplans
- Assist in building relationships with prospective program partners
- Assist in reviewing and applying to funding opportunities that support business needs
- Write reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Onboard new resident services coordinator team members
- Work to implement the US Department of Housing and Urban Development Standards of Success.
- Provide quality assurance for multifamily service grants.
- Spend up to two days a week providing direct case management and programmatic support to residents.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in community engagement, government relations, and providing support services to community groups and individuals
- Familiarity with social services programs in an affordable housing setting.
- Strong presentation skills to include writing, public speaking, and meeting facilitation
- Knowledge of affordable housing policies and trends in community impact and resident services
- Proven track record of implementing programs and organizing events that support communities and affordable housing residents
- Ability to attend meetings and community events on evenings and weekends
- Highly motivated self-starter able to problem solve and juggle multiple priorities
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Understanding of resident services programming for seniors a plus
- Familiarity with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Standards for Success
- Experience with Family Metrics, AASC Online, and Microsoft Office
- Must be available for up to 50% of travel