Our vision is simple, yet bold: "The Association of Former Students will be the premier alumni organization.” We are seeking a student at Texas A&M University to join a highly motivated team in furthering this vision while assisting to organize, promote and coordinate the execution of over 300 annual Muster ceremonies worldwide. While fostering our team culture in line with The Association’s Team Expectations and Texas A&M’s core values, the ideal candidate will be someone who demonstrates skill in and devotion to (i) exhibiting a high-level of organization to effectively manage multiple efforts at a time, (ii) developing and fostering trusted relationships with team members, A&M Clubs and former students alike, (iii) serving as an ambassador for The Association of Former Students and Texas A&M, and (iv) having a strong motivation for serving others.
The Club Programs Student Assistant will assist our Former Student Programs team as needed with a specific focus on Club Programs initiatives.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
- Assist with the organization, promotion, coordination and execution of over 300 annual Muster ceremonies worldwide.
- Perform data entry, create invoices, copy, file, and scan/fax Club and Muster-related documents.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with former students, Muster Chairs and Club Presidents by phone, via email and in-person.
- Create Muster invitations, send mass emails and pull specific Muster Roll Call lists for each organized Muster as appropriate.
- Assist Muster speakers in accessing appropriate resources.
- Correspond with families of Aggies who passed away to help them determine which Muster ceremony their loved one’s name will be called.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of away game All-Aggie Tailgates, Coach’s Nights and President’s Nights.
- Assist with recordkeeping and chartering process of A&M Clubs worldwide.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Coordinators of Club Programs.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University. 15-20 hours of work per week (20 hours required in spring semester).
Preferred: Current student at Texas A&M University who has the ability to serve in this position at least two years for continuity purposes.
Required: Excellent oral and written communications skills. Exceptional planning and project management skills. Strong interpersonal skills with friendly, customer-focused attitude. Must be detail oriented with strong desire for accuracy. Ability to work on a high-performing team, as well as independently in an ever-changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines. Effective time management skills. Working knowledge of standard office equipment. Ability to perform occasional merge/mail tasks with envelopes and mailing labels required.
Preferred: Have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and InDesign.
Required: Must be able to operate a keyboard, telephone, and computer. Frequent use of a computer monitor is required.
Required: Some travel and weekends or nights may be required.