Our vision is simple, yet bold: "The Association of Former Students will be the premier alumni organization.” We are seeking a student at Texas A&M University to join a highly motivated team in furthering this vision while assisting with our Class Programs, Constituent Networks and Young Alumni initiatives. While fostering our team culture in line with The Association’s Team Expectations and Texas A&M’s core values, the ideal candidate will be someone who demonstrates skill in and devotion to (i) exhibiting a high-level of organization to effectively manage multiple efforts at a time, (ii) developing and fostering trusted relationships with team members, A&M Clubs and former students alike, (iii) serving as an ambassador for The Association of Former Students and Texas A&M, and (iv) having a strong motivation for serving others.
The Class Programs, Constituent Networks and Young Alumni Student Assistant will assist our Former Student Programs team as needed with a specific focus on Class Programs, Constituent Networks and Young Alumni initiatives.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
- Assist with the organization, coordination and execution of Class Reunions as well as Constituent Network and Young Alumni initiatives and events.
- Perform data entry, copy, file, and scan documents as needed.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with former students by phone, via email and in-person.
- Create electronic newsletters for mass distribution.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Manager of Class Programs and Constituent Networks and Coordinator of Class Programs.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University. 15-20 hours of work per week.
Preferred: Current student at Texas A&M University who has the ability to serve in this position at least two years for continuity purposes.
Required: Excellent oral and written communications skills. Exceptional planning and project management skills. Strong interpersonal skills with friendly, customer-focused attitude. Must be detail oriented with strong desire for accuracy. Ability to work on a high-performing team, as well as independently in an ever-changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines. Effective time management skills. Working knowledge of standard office equipment. Ability to perform occasional merge/mail tasks with envelopes and mailing labels required.
Preferred: HTML & Photoshop knowledge.
Required: Must be able to operate a keyboard, telephone, and computer. Frequent use of a computer monitor is required.
Required: Passion/interest in event planning, marketing or volunteer management. Frequent nights and weekends are required in the spring and fall.