Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has 4,000 personnel working in 24 countries across the globe. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide US is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York and Chicago. Our mission is to support the work of Concern Worldwide by financially supporting programs, representing Concern with national/international co-funders and organizations, facilitating the recruitment of personnel and raising the organization’s profile. Concern Worldwide US also engages in development education programs with the general public and with high schools in the US.
Concern Worldwide (US) Inc. is seeking a Grants and Compliance Accountant who will be responsible for providing financial, accounting, compliance and other grant support services in order to meet the needs of the organization and its donors.
Reporting to the Grants and Compliance Manager and working closely with other Concern US departments, our affiliated organization in Ireland, and with program staff overseas, the Grants and Compliance Accountant will focus primarily on pre and post award accounting duties which include but are not limited to: supporting the proposal submission process, grant accounting and reporting, maintaining cash controls, providing financial reporting and analysis in support of the various programs, and all matters relating to organizational compliance with US Government awards.
The Grants and Compliance Accountant will also provide required expert support to the Programs and Operations teams and Concern Worldwide field staff in budgets and reports preparations to ensure compliance with donor requirements and regulations as well as GAAP.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assists in pre-award activities including reading proposal guidelines; collecting, composing, and/or preparing administrative components for proposal submissions; preparing applications, performing funding searches, developing and preparing budgets, and monitoring regulatory compliance requirements.
Perform post-award activities including account creation in accounting system, regulatory compliance monitoring, salary and insurance allocations and effort reporting, invoice preparation, quarterly reporting reviews and associated payment processing, cost transfers, grant projections, grant closing processes and account closing.
Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist the grants and Compliance Manager with the Government grants portfolio in accordance with government regulations, donor requirements, and Concern Worldwide Policies.
- Review quarterly and year-end reports for consistency, accuracy and compliance and monitor awarded expenses for allowable uses of grant funds as per donor requirement.
- Assist in the draw down funds as incurred for timely reimbursement to Concern WW.
- Assist field staff in the preparation of narrative and budget reports to support proposals and interim program reports. Setting up new grants financial report templates when awarded.
- Assist the Grant and compliance Manager in the preparation of budget realignments to quarterly reports and pipelines. Assist with preparation of budget proposals and modifications/renewals of grant.
- Work with field staff to prepare backup for USAID quarterly financial reports and payment requests. Establish and maintain electronic files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Work with Grant and compliance Manager and country office to review Host government Tax reporting and exemptions.
- Maintain organizational Policies and Procedures including Funding Guidelines for US Government Awards.
- Monitor time reporting allocations and prepare adjusting journal entries for changes and reclassifications of USG FTE transactions.
- Work with Grant and Compliance Managers to ensure timely collection of outstanding funds from Sub-Grants.
- Assist with grant closeout procedures in accordance with regulations; reconcile and close grants on a timely basis.
- Maintain and update grants financial records and systems including recording any carry-over of funds from one year to the next.
- As needed, assist with annual NICRA Proposal submission to USAID and update NICRA accrual Schedule.
- Conduct monitoring visits and internal audit overseas to ensure compliance with donor regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end schedules and other data requested by auditors for Government Grants.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by senior management, including general accounting support.