The Office Coordinator is responsible for managing the overall front office activities of the Charleston office, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests, and facilities. He or she is also responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate team members, greeting office visitors, flow of correspondence, requisitioning of supplies as well as performing additional day-to-day administrative duties.
- Manage the maintenance of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Develop and maintain office specific forms and procedures.
- Compose, type and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda, contracts and other material.
- Serve as liaison between Charleston office and other administrative functions, including accounting, human resources, information technology, and marketing.
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Serve as the “Director of First Impressions” for the office.
- Greet and directs visitors to the Firm.
- Answer telephones and direct the caller to the appropriate team member. Transfer a caller to a team member’s voice mailbox or take a message when the team member is unavailable.
- Provide callers with information such as Firm address, direction to the Firm location, Firm website, and other related information.
- Maintain professional presentation and tidiness of conference rooms, kitchen, and reception area.
- Assist team members with engagement and commitments to professional and civic organizations.
- Coordinate Lunch & Learn scheduling and setup.
- Coordinate special office events.
- Maintain conference room schedules.
- Assist with rental car and travel arrangements.
- Maintain and route publications.
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Manage the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Schedule maintenance and reminders.
- Provide support and serve as back to the Administrative Assistant.
- Participate as needed in special projects and initiatives.
- Provide Firm-wide clerical assistance as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- One (1) year related experience in a fast paced professional environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel software
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively and confidently prioritize and execute tasks with many competing priorities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service (internally and externally)
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in an architectural, engineering, or construction Firm
McMillan Pazdan Smith Architecture provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, McMillan Pazdan Smith Architecture complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.