Are you looking to join a Winning Team? If yes, read on. WARNING! You will have fun here.
We are recruiting 1st string leaders that have a passion for the equipment rental industry to join our team as Management Trainees through the Vandalia Rental Leadership Development Program. This is a comprehensive program designed to give you knowledge in all operational areas of Vandalia Rental, develop your financial and business acumen as well as leadership skills. These skills and tools will ensure your success as a future Leader. The Leadership Develop Program will take approximately 6-12 months to complete, depending on your prior experience. Position will rotate between our Vandalia, OH and Franklin, OH locations primarily.
What you will be doing as a Management Trainee:
- The Management Trainee will work in each department and learn what it takes to win. Each area will be planned to allow you the best opportunity to learn the business.
- Wash equipment, operate equipment, load and unload customers, service equipment to ensure clean, quality equipment and customer satisfaction.
- Take and make phone calls to customers; write quotes, reservations and contracts that drive revenue. Give advice on equipment selection and usage.
- Work with the logistics team to understand the delivery drivers’ role and learn dispatching.
- Turn a wrench or two and work with the maintenance team that provides safe, well operating equipment.
- Hit the road as an outside sales team member and generate new business.
- You will be coached, mentored and trained to develop your leadership, financial and business skills.
- Ultimately, you will become eligible to apply for an Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager or other roles as the opportunity arises. This includes, coaching, developing and leading your team, maintaining an incredible culture, P&L responsibilities, safety, quality and efficiency, and everything else that comes with being an awesome leader!
What you want to know:
- $60000.00 or more annual salary to start - depending on experience, education, skill
- Monthly bonus opportunity - And Yes, we pay it and it is easy to understand (May 2022 equated to and additional $6.53/Hour worked)
- 401(k) with $1 for $1 match, up to 6% of your pay - eligible after 30 days
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurances - eligible after 30 days
- Paid time off - Vacation, Personal Time and Paid Holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Generous rental discounts
- Great team to work with
- Team events throughout the year
As a Manager you will:
- Lead, develop and manage a team
- Ensure a safe working environment for your team, customers and vendors
- Drive rental revenue while maintaining quality and customer relationships
- Be responsible for the branch P&L
- Work with various departments and branches to successfully execute operations
- Through your team, maintain your equipment to include preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair
- Other responsibilities and tasks as necessary
What we need from you as a Management Trainee:
- Must be willing to relocate within the United States for promotional purposes – We are in a strong growth trajectory as an organization and will be adding locations in different areas (cities, states, planets) as part of this growth. You will be required to sign a mobility commitment agreement.
- Equipment rental experience, equipment experience or something just as great, but similar.
- Leadership experience is required.
- Independent thinker, but not a radical. Must be quick on your feet - If you can’t make a decision or have terrible analytic skills, this won’t be a good fit for you. You need to write the playbook, not be given the playbook.
- Must haves include; but are not limited to: High school diploma - but a college degree is preferred, valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, authorized to work in the United States, be able to sit and stand for long periods, be able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance, be able to have exposure to heat in the summer and cold in the winter, don’t mind dirt, grease, grime, dust, diesel, hard work and having fun. If you don’t have it or don’t want it, this won’t work out.
- Winning attitude and a drive to succeed! A thirst to progress and develop yourself.
- Must be technologically inclined. We use computers, tablets, multi-line phones, copiers, tape, staplers, brooms, envelopes, etc.
- High degree of organization and you can’t get frazzled by multiple changing priorities. If you prefer to focus on one task until completion before starting another, this isn’t the role for you.
- Travel is minimal.
- All candidates will be required to take an assessment to be considered – Culture Index.