Starting Pay: $20.00 per hour
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
The Arapahoe Basin Base Area Operations has a lot of independence. We cover a lot of ground, we run a lot of machines and are fortunate to interact with every ski area department. Not to mention the fun we have of meeting and chatting with people from every part of the world, all while being outside in the fresh Rocky Mountain air!
As a Base Area Attendant, you will maintain the base area of Arapahoe Basin which includes shoveling walkways, directing traffic, parking cars and leading trash and recycling efforts. The Base area crew is the main point of contact for every ski area department when assistance is needed for a wide variety of tasks.
If you are looking for a dynamic role in one of the most beautiful places on earth this is the job for you.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- 4 10-hour shifts with 3 days off
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Shove snow in base area, around buildings, entrances/exits, stairs, walkways
- Spread ice melt and chip ice when necessary
- Direct traffic in parking lots and organize parking by guiding cars to park in an orderly fashion
- Answer guest questions and direct guests to ski area services
- Collect trash and recycling while promoting our sustainability efforts
- Assist in snow removal tasks such as removing snow from roofs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No experience is required for this role but some previous work experience is highly preferred
- Strong customer service skills and a willingness to greet and engage positively with guests
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs such as trash cans, buckets of sand, bags of salt
- Ability to push and shovel snow
- Ability to push/pull a wheelbarrow full of snow or trash
- Ability to withstand high altitude conditions at all times
- Must be available on holidays and weekends
- Work is performed in a high elevation mountain environment on uneven snow- and ice-covered dirt parking lots, pavement and concrete surfaces. Work areas can be exposed to high wind and blowing snow. Working around vehicles and loud machinery is possible on any given day. This is a guest facing position that involves a high level of guest interaction on a daily basis.